Nismo + lowering = car on floor????

scottsoulby

hi, just a quick question for you guys with:

Nismo kit

18" Rays, standard tyres

eibach lowering springs

have any of you had problems with the kit being to low to the ground? i.e car parks, multi storeys or speed bumps?

didnt want to lower my car then find out i cant drive it certain places

thanks,

Scott

If it helps I have a body kit and the car is lowered 30mm on coilovers. That leaves about 9 cms clearance. I can do some spped bumps but not the home made ones. Motorway service station fuelling can also be fun as they all seem to have them too. A little bit higher and you will be fine.

If it helps I have a body kit and the car is lowered 30mm on coilovers. That leaves about 9 cms clearance. I can do some spped bumps but not the home made ones. Motorway service station fuelling can also be fun as they all seem to have them too. A little bit higher and you will be fine.

Martin, do you know if you have the same Var 3 setup as me?

I have Rays with 235/40 F , 255/40 R tyres, lowered on the eibachs. The car looks and feels VERY low, i scrape the rubber on the bumper on virtually every speed hump there is, and find slopes in multi storey car parks scrape both the front lip and something underneath the car aswell...

Could the slightly smalled tyre size be making that much difference?!

I have Rays with 235/40 F , 255/40 R tyres, lowered on the eibachs. The car looks and feels VERY low, i scrape the rubber on the bumper on virtually every speed hump there is, and find slopes in multi storey car parks scrape both the front lip and something underneath the car aswell...

I'd watch out with the under car scraping. The lowest bit (on my car) is the metal weave (flexible bit) of the Y pipe. I had to take my car in the other week to have it fixed because I had ripped a massive hole in mine.

I'd watch out with the under car scraping. The lowest bit (on my car) is the metal weave (flexible bit) of the Y pipe. I had to take my car in the other week to have it fixed because I had ripped a massive hole in mine.

:scare: , is it all ok and sorted now though bud ?

:scare: , is it all ok and sorted now though bud ?

Yeah its fine now mate. Sounded like a tank before i fixed it though. Really noticed a drop in torque too.

At least it wasnt a four legged one mart - would probably have cost you more :lol:

that was the only downside to my car, nothing worse when you have it lowered and every bump you go over you pull that face waiting to hear that scratch noise and expecting the worse. Mine was so bad any uneven parts of the road and Id scrape it. Measured it was 1 and a half inch of the ground :headhurt: