Changing Z Badges / Emblems

daveg7362

I'm starting to make a few changes to my Z. what I don't want to do is change it to much. so then it looks naff, if you know where I'm coming from.

so let start with changing the badges first.

My car is Blade Silver so i don't want something to bling.

The problem I have its very hard to choose the right one by just looking at the badge without being fitted to a car.

I did make a bid on E-Bay for a set then thought otherwise. if any one has any New badges they are thinking of selling I would be interested.

I do like the big Z but I'm worried of knackering my paint work cutting off the locating lugs at the front, then also filling the rear holes any body done this. Any pictures would be good.

Cheers Dave

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No holes just stuck on. They come off with a hairdryer and dental floss

I thought the rear Nissan badge left holes?

Sorry misunderstood query, the big Z ones he refers to don't leave any holes to fill, just fit where the old ones were.

Tried dental floss after warming the old badges with dryer and it was still a pain....floss kept snapping :headhurt:

Used 12lb fishing line and sooo easy.

soaked the residual old glue with white spirit :scare: and it literally desolves the goo leaving the paint unaffected :thumbs:

It is a good idea to gently warm the recipient areas before apply the new embles/badges B)

Sorry too :D Just meant when removing the rear to be careful of the spiggots on the rear badge when using the dental floss that MBS suggested :)

Leaves a nice minty boot lid ;)

Not this type of minty though

minty_peterson_large_1.jpg

I've nothing to add to the OP's question, but just had to :lol::lol::lol: at this.

From my knowledge, the front emblem is just stuck on and the rear the same, allthough it has two locating holes, i removed my rear one about a month ago, piece of doddle, heat it up with hairdryer and slowly peel it off, i fitted a tommy k badge, this covers the holes perfectly, there are plenty of badges out there to choose from, some better than others :thumbs:

A note to take with these though, i member bigphil telling me these can and do fade, sometimes and look a bit dull, hence why i went for the tommy k badge, just a bit of advice !

you are right m8. i think Envy discontinued their supply due to fading issues however i got the black pearl on ebay from Assad (worcester based) who is a member here and they just fine sofar 2 months on B)

A note to take with these though, i member bigphil telling me these can and do fade, sometimes and look a bit dull, hence why i went for the tommy k badge, just a bit of advice !

you are right m8. i think Envy discontinued their supply due to fading issues however i got the black pearl on ebay from Assad (worcester based) who is a member here and they just fine sofar 2 months on B)

May be it was a certain batch of them, but as you say bud some people have them and no problems, might have something to do with the weathering of them !

I think i may have confused you guys . The badge i like the look of that I class as a big Z would leave holes in the rear, and i believe i would have to remove the locating lugs at the front. The only problem I haven't seen this on a vehicle so it might look naff? That's why I asked all you out there for your preferences to help.

I see what you mean. looks different but IMO it is going to be a hassle involved to cover the locating holes just to fit these:P

As said i have the tommy k badge, look it up on here, and it covers it perfectly :thumbs: , the two holes are tiny, and im sure most badges will cover them !

I think i may have confused you guys . The badge i like the look of that I class as a big Z would leave holes in the rear, and i believe i would have to remove the locating lugs at the front. The only problem I haven't seen this on a vehicle so it might look naff? That's why I asked all you out there for your preferences to help.

Where did you find those?

I saw these a while ago and now I can't find them again! :headhurt:

You can get the large Z one through jdm performance, it fits the front well after you take the lugs off. I carefully used a stanley knife with a new blade for sharpness and it covers the black bits ok, you may need to turn it around for better coverage.

Nice one mate. Thanks for that.

Do you know if it covers the holes in the bootlid? I've not taken the badge off so I don't know where abouts the holes are.

You can get the large Z one through jdm performance, it fits the front well after you take the lugs off. I carefully used a stanley knife with a new blade for sharpness and it covers the black bits ok, you may need to turn it around for better coverage.

Nice one mate. Thanks for that.

Do you know if it covers the holes in the bootlid? I've not taken the badge off so I don't know where abouts the holes are.

The two holes are right behind the nissan writting, about 4mm in dia, about an inch apart, ish !!!