New Owners Black Mountain Trip & Exhaust Questions

Hello everyone,

Iv had my 350Z 313 for 3 weeks now, and as snow has interupted play (and caused several very very scary moments with my new pride and joy, not too mention getting stuck on 4 or 5 very small inclines) i thought id take the chance to post my pics from the 350' 1st trip to black mountain.

The A4069 has got to be one of the best rds in britain, incredible fun and i saw only 3 other vehicles in the 2hrs i was there.

With summer (hopefully) approaching im looking to get my 1st mod done, which will be a CAT back exhaust, i think iv got it down to the Milltek or Scorpion as i cant be done with the cost and trouble of importing a NISMO, however i have cencerns about both. I dont want it to be too droany on the motorway cruise, which i hear the Scorpion can be a bit? and althought im told the milltek avoids this problem some say its hardly any difference to the standard system. Anyone got any thoughts?

I like the standard system at idle and low revs, but just find at full throttle it doesnt quite excite in the way im sure that V6 can, it wud also be nice to have the odd cackle or pop on the over run. Anyone got any other suggestions i may have missed exhaust system wise?

Also as i have the latest 313 (309bhp) engine, is there anything i need to concider with the exhaust as have some system been designed for the older engines?

Hope you enjoy the pics

Hi and welcome to the forum, I have put this in the intro section as we like to say Hi and look at new pics :D

The exhaust question is difficult to answer, its a very peronal thing. The good news is that as the weather is getting better we are starting to get more and bigger meets. Always a good way to get a true feel for different exhausts.

Enjoy the car :D

I had exactly the same trouble mate when deciding on a exhaust so many to choose from!!! Decided on the true dual DC sports in the end and what a choice!!! sounds amazing when you boot it so throarty and when u back off it growls and spits hardly droans on the motorway as that was something i was worried about!! Plus there quite rare as not made anymore and think theres only a handful off people on here with them if that ;)

One was sound on the forum not so long back for a very good price !!

but its your choice thats just my two pennies worth :thumbs:

the nismo does sound the best im my opinion but the cost is just crazy!

I am hopefully having a custom one built very soon as i couldnt find an exhaust which i wanted.

I know hawkie has just fitted a miltek so i'm sure he can help you out and there are loads with the scorpion fitted so again people will come along to help shortly!

Welcome, great shots!