Painting my Stock Wheels **2 done**

nurrish

I have just ordered an alloy painting kit for for stock standard alloys. i opted for black as i reckon it looks good with my gunmetal/carbon look.....Hoping to get them done this week

here is my artistic impression :lol::lol::lol:

Before:

IMAG0020.jpg

After:

black.jpg

Will throw up a step by step guide once i get going

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont rush it mate. If you're gonna do it, do it right... i.e. when the weather's a bit warmer so the paint dries correctly, and you are in daylight...!!

bugger that ! lean out of the window with a brush while you're driving mate :thumbs:

macc - home of ian curtis B)

Dont rush it mate. If you're gonna do it, do it right... i.e. when the weather's a bit warmer so the paint dries correctly, and you are in daylight...!!

bugger that ! lean out of the window with a brush while you're driving mate :thumbs:

macc - home of ian curtis B)

Did he lean out of his window and paint his wheels?

They actually filmed part of that Ian Curtis film on my mums road about 3 years ago, when i was still living at home. They closed the road for the day, and we all had to move our cars! His house was about 50yards from my mums house!

Nurrish, I admire your dedication, you certainly don’t waste time… :thumbs:

From the photos, it looks really good, certainly has a deep gloss to it... :thumbs:

Cheers buddy :thumbs:

The finish is alot glossier than i thought it would of been. Its a very deep black too.

Cant wait till i get it into the daylight and look like a tit driving around with 1 black wheel :lol::lol::lol:

When i refurbed my wheels black mate they look veryyyyyy glossy which i was worried about! But when they dry in properly it tones down. Looks like u done a good job tho buddy :teeth: Just as long as u have put loads of primer on it will be fine :)

When i refurbed my wheels black mate they look veryyyyyy glossy which i was worried about! But when they dry in properly it tones down. Looks like u done a good job tho buddy :teeth: Just as long as u have put loads of primer on it will be fine :)

Primer??????whats primer?????

:lol::lol::lol: only kidding ;)

Put plenty of primer down first

Will be a test with the conditions tomorrow. Going to put on lots of lacquer in abit