Painting my Stock Wheels **2 done**

nurrish

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks really good mate, have you sprayed the tyre with primer though? Looks like it! :blush:

Get some tyre gloss on there and that really set the wheels off.

Yeah the first one was a bit rushed so i will be going over it again to make it look like the one i have done today. Will get the wheel polish and then they will be sparkling B)

I reckon that's nurrish's secret batcave....

Make sure you end up painting the whole wheel rather than just the faces, and I do mean taking off the tyres and spraying them complete.

Reason is that it makes a complete coat and reduces the chances of peeling, flaking or bubbeling, because there is no edge for for anything to get under.

My bro has a set of PVM wheels for his CBR600, which are powdercoated black, but on one of the edges (the surface that faces the hub when mounting) had chipped a little, but the knock on effect was that the powder coat damage got more and more. Harris UK thankfully replaced the wheels with a new set free of charge, because the manager took a look at them and instantly said that the powdercoat looked off. PVMs are made to order and hence the £1000 pricetag per pair.

But other than that, it's looking good.

I reckon that's nurrish's secret batcave....

Make sure you end up painting the whole wheel rather than just the faces, and I do mean taking off the tyres and spraying them complete.

Reason is that it makes a complete coat and reduces the chances of peeling, flaking or bubbeling, because there is no edge for for anything to get under.

My bro has a set of PVM wheels for his CBR600, which are powdercoated black, but on one of the edges (the surface that faces the hub when mounting) had chipped a little, but the knock on effect was that the powder coat damage got more and more. Harris UK thankfully replaced the wheels with a new set free of charge, because the manager took a look at them and instantly said that the powdercoat looked off. PVMs are made to order and hence the £1000 pricetag per pair.

But other than that, it's looking good.

:lol::lol: Yeah this is my batcave i call work. I must be lucky to go to work and work on my car :D

Have done both inside and outside of the wheel. Going to give it a test to see how the weather treats them.

But they look sooooo nice im real happy :yahoo:

Looking stealth there mate.

I'm loving your workspace. Is it in Solihull?

I'll have to drop round and check out the wheels when they're all done.

My entire car is going for the Black look atm....every day I drive to work the Silver gets a brand new coat of filth.. :headhurt:

Cheers buddy :thumbs:

Its not in solihull its in redditch where i work. Lots of space to do what ever i want with it!! :D