Newb from the US

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the welcome! We're looking around Glasgow area, but I'm also trying to convince him to look around London or close by. I'd like to be able to go over to France and beyond easily.

I've had this fascination with the UK ever since I went to Europe five years ago. Well.. my fascination started before that, but that just topped the cake. I have family in Germany and it'd be nice to see them, too.

Springfield drivers are notorious for bad driving, so I need to at least get out of this city. Far away as possibly is good though :teeth:

We're going to visit over there hopefully sometime this year, but it probably won't be until next year just due to work and whatnot.

Well London is a fantastic city and you'd be kept busy there for sure! Glasgow is a little nearer to me. Prefer Edinburgh though! :teeth:

I'm a little further North and live very close to Aberdeen, lots of expatriates here due to the oil business.

To be honest wherever you are in the UK is easy enough to get to Europe either by flying or driving and catching a ferry.

I was looking at places in Edinburgh. I was going to look in Aberdeen, too.

Is it just me or is everything really cheap over there? I'm pretty sure I'm just not looking at the right stuff.. but it seems like what something over here would go for 1500$ USD per month is like.. 500$ USD over there..

My husband thinks it'd be cool to live in Glasgow since Glasgow is our last name. I'm pretty sure that's like 'Smith' over here.. one of the most common names.. but I may be mistaken.

I figured it'd be easy to get around places.. but I love London so much. I'd just like to live over there regardless of where it is. Lol

By the way.. are you aware of www.allaprovedcars.com -- if it's a legitimate site to find cars? I wouldn't be trying to import my Z over there or the husbands vehicle either for that matter. I'm not really too sure on where I could look online at least for cars over there.

This may be a stupid reason.. but I've always wanted a right hand car, too. Lol :lol:

Generally things are more expensive to buy over here. With the exchange rate going bad (for us importing) it's probably gotton much cheaper for you guys though with the USD in your pocket. Depends what you are looking at though!

This country is in a recession at the moment so look carefully to place yourself where you can get a job that is suitable for you.

The most popular car sites over here are http://www.autotrader.co.uk/ for all cars and http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/ which is good for most cars but more performance cars etc on there.

A move from the US to the UK!!!!! that's the craziest thing i have ever heard!!

This country is on a massive downward spiral!! at least the US has an inspirational president to get the country moving!! what do you have you ask.....we have a sad pathetic old man well into his senile age and showing signs of demensa.

America is my second home and i would love to live there.

Also compare the prices of zeds from here to over there!! Then there's the fuel!!not to mention the cost of living!!

But after saying all that there are places over here which are quite staggering.

Btw..........................welcome and nice zed you have there :D