Newb from the US

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohhhhhhhh Lmao

That makes SO much more sense now. haha

I LOVE the Simpsons. I've been watching the Simpsons since I was born. Lol

In one episode, Marge was giving their address over the phone and when she came to the state, Homer or someone else walks in and she says, "Ohhh... Hi 'Homer'" or hi to whoever walked in.. I can't remember now.

For that reason, I believe it's Ohio they're in. But I think there may be some other episodes that they hint to some other states besides Ohio, so who knows.

I do like to believe it's really Springfield, Missouri though Lol. At least it'd be awesome if they were.

Hi Casi, loving your wheels, what are they? Tint looks good too :teeth:

Just to throw in a curve ball, you could always come to the Southwest, we have some amazing roads down here, london is 1.5hrs away on the train and wales is a 20min drive... i love it!

I wouldnt bother importing your Z, i appreciated you may be attached her but i think its going to be more effort than its worth. I'd recommend selling her to a loving new home, buying a new one here and then starting the modding from afresh!! B)

Thanks Mr. Fusion! I definitely feel most welcomed here.

mwalker556, Wheels are ASA JH9s. For the compliments! I can't wait to come over there again and check everything out. I know my husband doesn't want to live IN the city, but somewhere around it. I definitely want to be around some place that has some good roads that I can cruise and enjoy now and then.

I do love her, but you're probably right. Although - I've been looking at a bunch of cars on Auto Trader, it seems like the cars over there are a ton cheaper. Not for everything, but a lot of them, at least. A lot of the exotics seem to be cheaper. I assume because they're made over there?

I may just be looking at it wrong, but it looks like I could get a Lamborghini Murcielago for £75K from over there as opposed to getting one over here for minimum £122K. I'd probably be willing to just sell my car and go with something over there if I could find something for the right price.

I've looked at the Zs and it looks like they'd be about the same price over there.

I may just be looking at it wrong, but it looks like I could get a Lamborghini Murcielago for £75K from over there as opposed to getting one over here for minimum £122K.

Well, I reckon the importing costs from Italy to the US is more compared to importing to the UK, distance and all that jazz....

Meh.. Springfield doesn't offer multi lane highways.. only two lanes at most on every road. I'm from Saint Louis where they do have 5 lanes on the highway, but I haven't lived up there for a while, so I'm used to not having that.

I'd prefer what the UK has to offer anyway. I thoroughly enjoy taking the Z and just driving in the middle of nowhere to clear my mind.

welcome to the forum. I moved here from the states about a year ago. depending on where you live, you will miss the nice safe flat multi lane highways that are well lighted and u can drive on for hours... i know i do...lol

I'm sure there are some amazing roads in the States but in my times over there some of the roads I've driven are the worst I've ever seen! :headhurt:

I remember driving through Baltimore and wondering if an earthquake had recently hit, but apparently that's just what the roads around there are like! :scare:

Yeah, the roads are really bad in a lot of places. Mainly our bridges in Springfield are bad, but they're doing a LOT of construction all over town. Springfield has a beautification process going right now, so over the next 4-5 years, a lot more than just the roads will be in a lot better shape.

Never been to the West Coast that far myself. I really want to go, but only in time. There are some good roads around here. They're tighter curves, but make for more fun if you know the road. A bunch of friends and I go on cruises all the time around here. I'd be nice to go driving out there though.. it's a lot more open and more peaceful it seems. I don't really like how there's so many lights around here.. can't enjoy the nighttime.