Bose System >> Kenwood DNX5220 NOW COMPLETE!!! See New

hawkie350z

Just delivered:

Kenwood DNX 5220

PAC ROEM-NIS2 (imported from USA)

Kenwood PS521 1000w Amp

Alpine Type R 1022D 10" Dual 2ohm Subwoofer

Custom 350z 10" Sub Enclosure

Parrot CK3100 Bluetooth (already installed)

Can't wait to fit it all. Although I know it is going to be a pain in the ass as the car already has a Pioneer dvd sat nav system installed (Pioneer Avic900) with a separate screen) but does not work properly. So got to disconnect all that & remove it plus try & keep the Parrot BT wiring.

I've done a lot of research so hopefully will be ok. :headhurt:

Not installed yet, but have done a lot of the wiring & taken out the old Pioneer set up. Pics below show the wiring loom & testing to make sure it works. Last picture shows where I have just this second soldered the joints & heat shrunk them to tidy the wiring up a bit. Custom sub box also shown. :teeth:

IMG_0033.jpg

Note: Wires only put together in the block for testing.

IMG_0034.jpg

IMG_0042.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

Picture above just shows some of the Parrot Bluetooth wiring I have kept in the car.

IMG_0048.jpg

IMG_0051.jpg

IMG_0053.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Finally Completed the swap a couple of weeks ago. But only just had the time to post all pics up.

Below: Before I started............. Origial Bose system & Pioneer

100_0300.jpg

100_0298.jpg

Below: The wiring of the Bose & Pioneer Sat Nav/DVD (Not working properly)

100_0301.jpg

Below: Glove box behind passanger seat. Wiring from the Pioneer unit.

100_0303.jpg

Below: Parrot Wiring with some of the Pioneer. Had to split the two to then hook up the Parrot bluetooth kit to my new Kenwood.

IMG_0041.jpg

New Headunit: Kenwood DNX5220

100_0293.jpg

New subwoofer: Alpine 10" Type R SWR1022D 1500W Peak, 500WRMS

100_0296.jpg

100_0297.jpg

Below: PAC ROEM-NIS2 speaker/amp converter. NOTE: Must wire up the Earth cable & run an extra earth cable from the interface to then bolt it to the bodywork for the best earth. Otherwise you will find you will keep blowing the 15amp radio fuse under the bonnet.

IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0055.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

Below: PAC converter all in place & Kenwood all conected with the Parrot too.

IMG_0071.jpg

Below: Custom sub box for 10" sub bow put in place with speaker wire leading to the glove box behind passanger seat where I will be mounting the amplifier.

100_0319.jpg

IMG_0038.jpg

100_0312.jpg

100_0311.jpg

Below: Wires all hidden up behind the passanger dashboard cover near the cigarette lighter is. I also got a facia adapter to surround the new headunit. Bought this from www.Sextons.co.uk, fits perfectly.

100_0322.jpg

100_0320.jpg

Below: Also ran an Ipod audio/video lead to the centre storage box for my iphone.

100_0321.jpg

Below: All Finished & all works :teeth::yahoo:

100_0317.jpg

100_0314.jpg

100_0318.jpg

100_0322.jpg

NOTE: I have now also disconnected the Bose subwoofer behind drivers seat by just unpluging the clip on the speaker itself then screwed it back in again.

Hope this can help out a few of you................. :thumbs:

looks great mate, if i just wanted to fit the screen in the place of my bose, which bits would i need? Cheers

You should only need the PAC ROEM-NIS2, 1m of extra earth cable, either heat shrink (to cover the soldering) or red bullet plugs (Male & female), Facia adapter & whatever headunit you wish. Then you need to connect the new headunits cable harness to the open ended wires on the PAC.

I put an ISO plug on my PAC then the Kenwood cable harness just clicked straight in. cable order = Bose - PAC ROEM-NIS2 - ISO Plug - Kenwood

Excellent install, B) very impressive. Do the steering wheel controls still work? as you didn't mention about fitting an adapter for them? Also are you pleased with the sound from the Bose speakers, or do you think an upgrade is in order?

I bought the custom sub box from eBay by luck that I found it because I was going to import one from the US. I find the Bose speakers sound alot better with the new headunit. New speakers would obviously sound better but for new speakers you cannot use the Bose amp as it works on 2 ohms whereas normal speakers are 4ohms. So would mean running new speaker cable from headunit or another amp. A lot of hassle. :boxing:

I didn't bother doing the steering wheel adaptor due to expensive & didn't really use it on the Bose system. But can be done.

I have to ask... you appear to have a parrot kit and a bluetooth cradle without the adaptor? Any particular reason you didnt go down the OEM bluetooth route?

When I bought the car in Sept 08 the car had the Parrot bluetooth system already in it working & connected to the Bose. So instead of taking that I just left it in. I have searched for other bluetooth devises in the car & only the Parrot comes up. So just kept that.