terrible morning! my own fault - but could've been worse!!!

hotrain69

just wanted to have a moan about a terrible morning. woke up late feeling pretty groggy. meeting a mate to play squash so jumped out the house and into the car. along the m25. going pretty fast and i have no excuses, as i did drive very quickly. spotted a vauxhall behind me and thought it was a police unmarked car. thought for a few seconds and convinced myself it wasnt so picked up speed again. only to be pulled over, having done 98mph and undertaken someone. like i say, i have no complaints about being caught for that because it had to happen sometime i guess.

just annoyed that i almost spotted them and didnt slow down, fine, 3 points which will no doubt hit my insurance and dent my search for a zed.

but i guess it probably could've been worse with the way i was driving. just wanted to get it off my chest.

Dont worry too much about the 3 points, there re that many drivers withthree points, Ive been told before that the first three dont make any great difference anyway.

What with millions of people getting 3 points for the likes of 36 in a 30 at 2am in the morning being done by a machine that hasnt got any discretion, 3 points will soon be the norm.

Havent got any myself yet, touch wood, but with the growing nanny state, its only a matter of time.

bad news there,

i was heading to preston today along the m6 and once i got by the border into england and there were cops, carmeras and those kid on motorway guys every where,

also cameras set up for number plate recognition

seemed a bit ott

i got caught the same way in anglesey about 4 years ago. just worked mine off, only affected my insurance by about £10. i even got told not to do over 80 as they have lots of unkmarked. and like you i even spotted it, but took to long to make the decission to slow down as i wasn't sure.

the following 6 hour drive home i was kicking myself all the way.