Another Newbie - About to get my Z wings - She's now Arrived

Hi Guys

Ok lets get the insults out the way right from the start.

Its a roadster im after! :scare:

Reason??? I have a few so dont hammer me just yet...

I have to use my van all week for the business i run. We have a dog which needs a car he can ride around in so need to keep our current car currently Seat Leon Cupra D. So i have a space on my drive for me to have a car I can enjoy at weekends but also the misses to drive to work in the summer etc

I really want a 350z coupe

She wants a boxster

This is the option we both agreed on!

Anyway going to look at one tomorrow 07 plate GT, 16,000 miles, Grey, 1 owner. Sat nav.

What price do you guys think i should pay?

Any links on here to standard facelift spec?

Ive been reading on here a while but thought i would say hi as hopefully about to become an owner!

Anything i should be looking out for etc?

Thanks in advance

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing wrong with roadsters bud. :D As for prices, at the moment the market is great for buying, nothing would suprise me.

If you get a Boxster give me a wave when I blast past you ;)

unless he buys a 3.2s :p , no porkers are limited on top speed :blush:

Never been an issue so far ;) They are like zeds in Chesterfield around here :lol:

Thanks for the quick welcome guys!

Well, Im sat here doing the bit we all hate passing time hoping the deal ive almost completed over the phone isnt going to end up being a waste of time when actually viewing the car! And knowing that i might be coming home in it tom :D

I think ive pitched it right but who knows, layed my cards on the table told them im interested but miles away from the dealership and very vey picky so want every detail of the car from stone chips to seat scuffs etc.

No part ex, no finance just ready to buy if the deal we can come to is right.

All sounds ligit with only a tiny scuff on 1 alloy which they will do if i buy but they think i wont even notice it! (Truth is not bothered about the wheel as have a few bodyshop friends who can sort that but want to know about it)

What are common parts that get wore easily on the Z ?

Ive read a fair bit on here but after some last minute info as Knowledge is power after all!

Dont get me started about the boxster it was a 550 spyder special edition i was after which is a fully loaded 3.2s infact its slightly quicker than the standard 3.2 infact all of 6bhp lol....

I have looked at loads and there are plenty of shitters out there!!

But one i nearly bought, bankers draft in hand and all went tits up at last minute, but hey i believe in fait and managed to talk the misses into a 350z in the time its taken looking for one! But thats a really long story that got quite heated!

Dont get me started about the boxster it was a 550 spyder special edition i was after which is a fully loaded 3.2s infact its slightly quicker infact all of 6bhp lol....

I have looked at loads and there are plenty of shitters out there!!

But one i nearly bought, bankers draft in hand and all went tits up at last minute, but hey i believe in fait and managed to talk the misses into a 350z in the time its taken looking for one! But thats a really long story that got quite heated!

my mrs hates driving my car, why ? because " too many people look at you " :lol:

All in here bud.

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5091

Nothing specific to roadsters other than try the roof a few times. They dont like winter.

Thanks mate allready found that good read including this bit lol

" you can't take the roof off without a saw it is a Coupe, if you can it is a roadster. (Don't make yourself look stoopid by talking about buying a 350Z cabriolet!) "

Im lucky enough to have a misses who likes her cars so was open to reasoning rather than just a typical girl who is just interested in colour or the badge!

One of my mates is currently buying a car and personally we both think the ideal car for him is a skoda octavia vrs but his misses will not let him buy a skoda but willing to pay the 5k more for almost the same car with a different badge :boxing:

Anyway forget that, what did you mean mate they dont like the winter??????

Yeah didnt think they were when had a quick look at one the other day but with some roadsters the bars are effectively like a bolt on roll cage. If they were removable had a wise idea to get them painted just to be that little bit different but no biggie if not or a load of hassle!

Well guys,

after a long search that seemed there was no end! :yawn:

I finally am waiting for collection! :yahoo:

The car was absolutly mint! Fully stamped book collection report, original invoice and reciepts for service, old tax disc?? I am up there with OCD when it comes to finding the right one by the way. Hardly any stone chips at all and no sign of touch up so really impressed with the front end condition, no marks scuffs or dents at all.

2 things that i need to sort actually 3

1 = 2 x rear tyres, currently original ones on there, plenty left in the front

2 = tiny crack in front indicator so which i noticed after the deal was done so the guy offered for them to do or £100. I took the £100 but will do it straight away. Anywhere i should be looking or is it a Nissan parts Dept job? I can get a good discount at my local nissan so not too worried if so.

3 = I want some new 350z floor mats as drivers one is a little worn

And that all i could fault it with but still came away with £650 off what we agreed on phone!

I hope to collect on Sat but all depends if they can get Reg sorted and Tax from DVLA office on friday if not will be early part next week i hope

I am chuffed to say the least, oh yeah so is the misses, it is her car afterall ofcourse :lol:

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: