Well the hard work begins now

Madden

Well car is at the body shop now and we have had a good look over it and it does need alot of work from them.

The whole car bar the roof will be getting resprayed The body shop bill has almost doubled from what was quoted due to the more work involved. :(

Sheer curiosity - How much is a complete respray?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea i know the feeling. I have got this far so i wont stop now.

It will still come in cheaper then what i can go but one for but more then i thought it would cost to get done. But the price i was given was worst case depending on the chassis legs ;)

The car will come back without a srcatch or dent on it with orginal nismo bodykit. i.e spolier, sideskirts, rear bumper extensions. It has still only covered 15900 miles so it will be a great spec gt for alot cheaper then you can buy one off autotrader. :teeth:

Well i have managed to source all the last bits now and have been driving all weekend picking them all up:lol: I have every little bit now bar 2 last things which are proving hard to find.:rant:

All i need in parts now is a passanger side headlamp washer jet with cap and the driverside xenon. That is it. All other parts are in my hands. :)

I was meant to go to the bodyshop yesterday to drop some parts off but i rang them and they said if i didn't have a tractor its not worth it :lol:

I managed to get there today but it was still pretty ****. The main roads where fine but the tomtom took me on a shortcut that was basically a small county road of ice. 1St gear for 5 miles with no brakes. It was a bit dodge as the car wasnt wheel spinning but as the road hand a camber on it it was trying to slide off the side. Along with the hills and bridges it was a bad road. On the way back the tomtom took decided to take pity on me and took me a different way :lol

photo.jpg

They have done so well on the car. They where meant to start it yesturday but i thought they wouldn't have enough staff due to the weather. I got there and its pretty much done. The car has been stripped ready for paint, all dents fillered, side skirts fixed, rear bumper fixed with nismo spats, fixed the front wings, and the car almost finished on the jig. The where still working on the passanger side leg but the driverside one looks like it has never been touched. Incredable work and over the moon with what they have done already.

Got a few pics on the iphone but they are so shocking.:yikes: What a **** camera. :(

350z.jpg

350z1.jpg

350z2.jpg

I will be going back with the headlights at the end of the week so it should almost be ready for final fitting and then paint :yesnod:

Just got back from the body shop again. Got some better pics this time :lol They think they will be painting end of this week so could be back to me early next week. :)

350z005.jpg

350z004.jpg

Got to send them over the alighment measurements as they cant get them form anywhere but have the whole nissan body repair manaul so i will send them a copy

• 2 weeks later...

Good news. Got there today and they where painting it :)

Car should be finished tomorrow and i have to arrange a transporter for Saturday morning to bring her back.

Few pics of it in the paint boot while they where actually painting it.

350z002.jpg

350z003.jpg

Got to get the money ready now :( :lol

If i get it back at a decent time on Saturday the engine and box will go straight back in and the front end bolted back in place the the final fit :)

Dont think its got an engine in it Stew! Thats why its floating away~!

Looks great and bet your well chuffed. Enjoy putting it all back together again :thumbs:

Oh yeah! Forgot about that! :lol::lol::lol:

Looking good and it's been a quick turnaround!

JPC Auto Refinishing in Crainleigh. Just by Guilford / Farnham

Great work from them and really happy.

Just got to put some graft in tomorrow to get it all finished. :lol:

What anti freeze do you lot use ? The nissan long life stuff or could i just use normal antifreeze with destilled water?

Well done the gearbox oil , powersteering oil and antifeeze to day.

All running sweet and driving fine :) Had a good rip around my estate today and it handles like a dream even with a bent suspension arm :lol

Few pics of it pretty much done. Hope to get number plate tomorrow and mot it :)

Gtrbreaking049.jpg

Gtrbreaking046.jpg

Gtrbreaking048.jpg

Gtrbreaking050.jpg

This has to win the mod of the month award B)

Looking great there fella :thumbs: Azure Blue don't half look mint when clean doens't it :D

You'll soon be fitting a k&n cai, plenum....spacers....nismo's !!!

I wont be at Bala....but you must put the 16th - 17th May in your diary!