Key Locked in Boot

persiantiger

Hi All, Looking for some advice:

I locked my keys in the boot of my 2004 350z whilst down on the South Coast after windsurfing (inflatable roofracks used to transport board - works a treat strapped to the boot). After 7hrs of AA/locksmith attempts to break in, and me still in my wetsuit, I had the AA bring car back home (arriving back at 2am to my girlfriend's relief and amusement).

For some reason my master key (without the electronic bleeper) won't open the driver's door.

I'm basically going to resort to smashing the passenger window tomorrow and hoping the master key will work in the ignition or that I can retrieve the main key from the boot from the inside.

So my questions are:

1) is there a boot release anywhere in the car - I read somewhere that there is a wire or some pull mechanism in the glove box behind the driver's or passenger's seat?

2) is there another way, other than smashing a window, to solve my problem?

I've spoken to a couple of dealers and, true to form, they have no idea and want me to have the car towed into them (probably so they ponder over it whilst I rack up huge labour costs).

I'm sure this is a fairly common problem. Any advice/experience gratefully received please...

I placed the key in the boot whilst I was putting some windsurf gear into the car - hands full. Wind then blew boot lid closed; had previously avoided putting key into put for this reason!

Is it possible to get a replacement remote control key somewhere other than a Stealership?

Havnt you got 3 keys? 2 with remotes and one without?

And the master key wont turn in the drivers door? Have you given that a good try or just put it in and turned it? As most of us dont use the key in the door, it may take a bit of gentle cooersion!

Thanks for your replies so far.

It's a UK car.

Not sure how the car locked - maybe with cold-numbed fingers I pressed the lock button after the open button, not sure.

Have tried the driver's lock a number of times - maybe the locksmith (after 1.5hrs of trying - he wouldn't give up. He even got his safe cracking scope and monitor out!! Should write to my insurance company and tell them!) damaged the lock. Nissan garage said they sometimes provide the wrong master key ("happened a few times preivously").

As Dcash5 says there is a release from with inside the car - see pic from handbook, if that helps but you need to get in first.

P1040658.jpg

New cars come with two keys with remotes + the master key - guess you haven't got the other spare somewhere? If you know who the supplying dealer was they should have a record of the key, of failing that try Nissan customer services but keep everyting crossed you get someone helpful :dry:

The Z is pretty secure when locked up and without a key. I ran into the same problem about a year ago. two locksmith bills later i winded up just breaking the window. i had windscreen cover so i wished i just went ahead and did that to begen with.

cant you have the boot open, lock the car, throw keys in boot, close boot and it locks?

im sure sometimes i have locked the car before my passenger has closed their door and they have the proceeded to close the door and you can see the alarm is armed and door locked.... maybe wrong but i think ive done this before... (certainly did with the audi)

cant you have the boot open, lock the car, throw keys in boot, close boot and it locks?

im sure sometimes i have locked the car before my passenger has closed their door and they have the proceeded to close the door and you can see the alarm is armed and door locked.... maybe wrong but i think ive done this before... (certainly did with the audi)

I'm pretty sure that if you lock the car with the boot or one of the doors open, when you shut them they are not locked........I ain't got a zed so someone go check!! :D

I'm pretty sure that if you lock the car with the boot or one of the doors open, when you shut them they are not locked........I ain't got a zed so someone go check!! :D

Just make sure your keys are in your pocket and not in the car.....

Thats the mistake i made. car was locked but was getting groceries out of my trunk. got a phone call in the middle of it all, set the keys down in the trunk to answer the phone and without thinking shut it when i walked away. :headhurt: