Rev limiter

scottsoulby

ive been playing with the zed and noticed whilst flicking through the menu bit on the gauges ( the one with the mileage, mpg, speed etc etc) i noticed that it seems to have a rev limiter changer, you can set it i think between 2500rpm and 8000rpm, mine is still set at 6600rpm, just wondering what everyone else has theres set at?

I have mine set to 6200RPM. Gives me a gentle reminder I'm approaching the redline when having a spirited drive. By the time you get to redline you're well over peak torque theres no point going all the way :)

So say if you were to have a drag race, are you saying you should shift before redline? I always thought you should shift as late as possible :headhurt:

I have mine set to 6200RPM. Gives me a gentle reminder I'm approaching the redline when having a spirited drive. By the time you get to redline you're well over peak torque theres no point going all the way :)

So say if you were to have a drag race, are you saying you should shift before redline? I always thought you should shift as late as possible :headhurt:

As soon as you hit peak torque, it doesnt take long before you are not gaining power, so better off changing up. Also you have very little time before you redline, so yes, change up as soon as you get to peak torque to avoid hitting the limiter :thumbs:

As soon as you hit peak torque, it doesnt take long before you are not gaining power, so better off changing up. Also you have very little time before you redline, so yes, change up as soon as you get to peak torque to avoid hitting the limiter :thumbs:

Surely you should change at the point the torque in the gear you are changing to is greater than the gear you're in. So if the decline isn't sharp and the same or more torque isn't available then it may be quicker to stay in the gear.

Think CTR VTEC, and if you change gear at the right time you're right in the sweet spot for the next gear. Get it wrong, and it's horrid!

Surely you should change at the point the torque in the gear you are changing to is greater than the gear you're in. So if the decline isn't sharp and the same or more torque isn't available then it may be quicker to stay in the gear.

Think CTR VTEC, and if you change gear at the right time you're right in the sweet spot for the next gear. Get it wrong, and it's horrid!

Yeah guess so :blush: Not as important in the Zed as the torque curve is so flat, was just trying to get across the point that you shouldnt assume going to the redline everytime is the quickest way :)