Might be losing my roadster.

Sunny1

All good things must come to an end......

I have had my roadster now for 3 months and looks like i will have to sell it due to a change in my circumstances :angry: (i put my name down for the meet in Wales next year as well)

Company i work for have just announced redundancies 140 in total, already laid off 41 workers all voluntary two weeks ago and now further cuts are required. Which means i will have to sell up and wait for better times to come back, i know what some of you might be thinking surely i can find work elsewhere (thats what i thought until my e-mail account started to dry up with job oppertunities) i work in the earth moving industry as an engineer for Caterpillar and no one is buying our equipement at present....... i know this sounds like a moan and groan but i will hate to see my zed go especially since i have just had it.... might have to sell the wife and kids should get at least a couple of months finance and petrol payments for them...pm me if any one is interested (the misses is a good runner regularly serviced and all that) :D

Suggestions on where and price i should be asking for considering current economic climate......... i Know i can not sell here due too the lack of posts and to be honest tatally agree with that stance so i will not even insult the moderators on this excellent site(sounds like i'm grovelling :lol: )

on a serious not though i will be posting some piccies this weekend because i know this tread is worthless without pictures.

Bad news bud, hope you find something soon. I know the market is bad but I have twice had to down trade and although not recently I was pleasantly suprised both times by the deal I got, Once the saleman stoped me on the way into the garage and asked me if I wanted to sell my car, it was a 2 year old Nissan Sunny :lol: Got a cheaper car with good cash back. Remember dealers still have to move cars and that applies to the mid range market too.

Usual places to sell, pistonheads, autotrader etc.

Glad you see why we have had to regulate the sales on here. It is a decision that wasnt lightly taken.

At the moment this isnt strictly a for sale thread...... yet.

is it just the finance payments, or the running costs and everything aswell, could you not put the car away and run about in a little 1 litre micra or summat with cheaper insurance, tax and petrol costs till you get back on ya feet, just a thought?

fletch

Sorry to hear that mate. Dont be too quick to sell it if you arent absoluately desperate for the money. There are a lot of Zeds about atm and prices are at rock bottom, so unless you desperately need the cash, dont do it as you will loose a fortune.

You guys should all retrain in Business Intelligence. The sector is still growing and set to be the biggest growing sector in this recession ;)

I feel for you mate.. i have downtraded three times in the last 5 years... 2 caused by children (my own fault) and the most recent caused by a change of work (general economic climate)...

At the end of the day it's only a car... you can get another one when things turnaround which in your game they will.. even if people aren't buying the machines they are still using the old ones and they will break..

I have a mate who downtraded from a 2year old Lexus rx400h to a 52 plate old landrover 4door pickup and he's loving the new devil may care attitude and driving style.. he seems to be refreshed by not worrying about where he parks, if someone tesco dents it etc.. he also reckons he won't spend as much on a car ever again even if his business picks up.

I worked through the 80's recession for Perkins Diesel engines / Massey Ferguson tractors (Perkins is now part of "cat") and i remember how savage the job cuts were that we took.. we laid off thousands it was awful.

And like bad pennies the spectre of lay offs is following me through the latest rtecession... the company i work for now are in the process of selecting their 25,000 global victims to lay off.. it's not a nice situation to be in and i only started here in September.. i reckon i might be out soon....

Good luck, i hope you survive the cuts.

I feel for you, hope it doesn't come to it and you can keep it. In a similar place myself at the moment due to impending divorce but trying to keep a grip on the car as its the only thing to put a smile on my face! Best of luck for your future. ;)

Sorry to hear this but no doubt won't be the last time. Hope your situation doesn't get too bad, but if you are unable to keep the Zed then you never know what will be available when things take an upturn.

Nixxy been in your situation quite a few years ago but there is light at the end of the tunnel. True friends are always a help & you know this forum will always put a smile on your face.

If you have some friends / relatives etc who are not feeling the pinch consider loaning the car or doing a swap for a 3-6 month period and see how it goes..

Prices are depressed horribly at the moment and its a great opportunity for someone to try on a fantastic car.. they might even buy it if you're in bad shape still in a few months!

Just a thought. (also an ex Perkins, well Rolls Royce just man oddly)

Nixxy been in your situation quite a few years ago but there is light at the end of the tunnel. True friends are always a help & you know this forum will always put a smile on your face.

Cheers, yes you're right. All will be fine in the long run.

And sunny - loving the boxer! :thumbs: