Nice but I'd rather a GTR!

Trev-the-Rev

their demonstration of how much BHP you can wring out of a 2 litre engine is impressive, but once your up to those figures the engine must b so highly strung.

you kinda think its all a bit pointless when you can get a v6 to do more power without the complications and hassle.

i know the rallying rules and why they do it. but unless your rallying whats the point? i'd rather by a lower spec version, and use it as a day to day driver than get the top spec one and take it to the garage once a month for a service.

in fact, even though its slower, i'd actually keep my zed over that. and i like evos.

always an evo over a scooby.

always saw scoobies as a chavs car. :blush:

Horses for courses. Its just an exercise in extracting the most BHP from a 2l engine, which as the others have said is for rallying where the car is based. Just like the Veyron pushes the limits of engineering, so too does this and you pay for it.

For a daily driver you are much better off getting the base models and modding them. Can get them up to decent power for no where near the cost. Still keep my Zed though, its much nicer for cruising which is what I have to do most of the time.

I like evo's... ever since the evo6 Tommi special... but they are not very.. errrr.... stealthy / discreet....

Latest one looks like hell... it looks like it got a makeover at Halfrauds in the "MAX Power" bodykit section... actually from the "line ends" everything for £10.00 or less section... interior trim looks like it was designed by Stevie Wonder.....

IMO - The Evo9 looked far better, much stealthier, less "clagged on" bits "o" plastic.. and still extinction event quick.... The Evo9 FQ400 had turbo lag like the millenium falcon jumping to hyper space... this one is probably even worse....

Strangely though... i still want one..

yes i'd have to drive it at night to avoid embarresment, yes i would not be allowed to take the kids to school in it because in the happy suburb i live it would have the locals jumping for cover like a drive by was about to happen, yes i'd be getting 'jacked on my way to work, yes my wife would leave me (ahhhh a positive ;) ).. but none of this puts me off..... i think i need psychiatric help...

Even the daily refuellings due to a probably 12mpg... the bi-monthy services and Evo's love of shredding a set of tyres every 8-10k miles (so that would be 3 sets a year for me GULP)... none of these things put me off ..

I love it because it is such a savagely focused drivers car.. they all are from the evo6 up.... if you haven't ever i recommend going an test driving one before you buy your next fast jap.. they are awesome...

:)

• 2 weeks later...
It'll be a nice car to drive but the interior is a bit tacky for a 50k performance car.

The servicing on any EVO is every 4500 miles to update the ECU and change the rear Diff oil all for £245 is what i paid when i had my Evo VIII

9k on EVO X's but possibly not this one...

Didn't they get to an FQ400 on the EVO VIII - have they not improved on that power yet?

Don't get me wrong, its pretty impressive for a 2L but if Nissan brought out the new GTR with the same power as the R33 they'd get laughed at!

I think what they needed to improve upon was the driveability at that power level. As touched upon above the Evo VIII FQ400 was so laggy it was ridiculous.

Didn't they get to an FQ400 on the EVO VIII - have they not improved on that power yet?

Don't get me wrong, its pretty impressive for a 2L but if Nissan brought out the new GTR with the same power as the R33 they'd get laughed at!

I think what they needed to improve upon was the driveability at that power level. As touched upon above the Evo VIII FQ400 was so laggy it was ridiculous.

+1 - in the new version I wouldnt want more power, but better delivery (less lag), and longer service intervals.