350Z + SNOW = Drifting like you never knew!

stanski

Someone had to post a snow thread today - might as well be me! :teeth:

Left house at 06:30 - still on the estate at 07:00 - cant get out - the Zed just could'nt get anywhere with a mild slope! Bury council as usual have not gritted anywhere even the main roads! Turned the ESR off - damn thing kept stopping me from making any progress - just too much power and not enough grip! Great for drifting but not in snow drifts! :rant:

Had to reverse back home and go in the van - van much better no drifting but cold and then stuck in traffic, accident on M60 - so ended up back home 09:20 - nearly 3 hours to travel 2 miles!

Best thing was watching BMW 5 series owners sliding about and beaching on mini roundabouts! Are'nt people great - they still try to drive in snow like they do in summer and wonder why they are driving sideways! Muppets! High gear , medium revs! Easy - but not in a Zed! :dry:

Some pictures to follow later on.... ;)

Adam and i had a wee drifitng session in the black ice the other night lol! No snow here yet THANK GOD! I remember from last year what the zed was like in the snow :drive1 P.s hope everythin was ok at the hosp martin :)

Adam and i had a wee drifitng session in the black ice the other night lol! No snow here yet THANK GOD! I remember from last year what the zed was like in the snow :drive1 P.s hope everythin was ok at the hosp martin :)

Had a run in with the cat, the cat won. It did cheat though and used a metal bed frame. :blush:

Hmmmm.. i am used to rwd cars in the snow / ice, i have had BM's for the last too many years to recount !! but the 350z is shockingly bad in the snow / ice... the bridgestone tyres and not too good i fear !

Having said that.. it was fun getting into work this morning... getting out of the garage and off my drive was the hardest part.. even considered using the wifes strudelpanzer to pull the car onto the road (at that point i should have really heard the warning bells and worked from home but didn't.. i haev one of those this might be fun attitudes....).. eventually got the car out of the garage, up the drive and into the cul-de-sac using the "tear out of the garage then skate down the road" method.. Luckily i live at the end of the road looking up it so have plenty of figure skating area....

Hmmm snow is still on the ground here in sunny Manchester and it is getting colder... drive home tonight might be like a good old 1980's rac lombard special stage....

Hmm... mabe that 4wd mitsubishi evo7/8/9 might have been a good idea after all.. :)

Had a run in with the cat, the cat won. It did cheat though and used a metal bed frame. :blush:

I thought you 2 had given up playing those kind of grewn up games - I dunno blaming it on the cat!! :lol: Hope your better soon Mart?

Stan are you mad? You have a van but you chose to try the Zed first?

Thick snow here this morning too. Luckily I stayed at a friends last night so was already half way to work this morning when I got up which meant I didn't have to negotiate my way out of my village but still scary - I hate it!

Bloody hell - there's plenty there! More then me - that's just confirmed you are bonkers! :lol:

Yes your right although I did discover that reversing a Zed in the snow you get a load more traction - just muppets behind me see you sliding about I get out and tell them I am reversing and they just sit there gawping at you! :headhurt:

Suppose this is a light dusting compared to Stew's neighbourhood? ;)

Aye Lad - more a permie thing now ;):yahoo::innocent:

Come on Stan we don't talk about your private life on this forum ;):p

i dont uncle beavis but every buga else does!

anyway we should be more concerned about uncle mart sounds like he is in a bad way? that cat must be 6ft and eat babies for breakfast!!!!!!!