Police Interceptors on C5

IanS16

Just watching police interceptors on Channel 5.

First they said a 277bhp evo (lloked like a VII) was "hanging back" on a chase with an M6. yeah right, an M6??!?!

Then 5 minutes later a Mondeo ST 220 (is it) was chasing an R33 and the police were saying the mondeo could keep up with the "Nissen" if they wanted but it was too dangerous.

is it just me or are they smoking too much dope?? :wacko::lol:

Does anybody actually know the specs of Police cars.. I've always been curious!

You'll be supprised at what they can tune these things up to. Christ, head over to MLR and see how easy it is to get the power up. On Interceptors they quote the official OEM specs not what they have tuned them to, of which 275BHP would be right for an Evo VIII. Also remember that they are advanced drivers, not some pillock with too much money in an M6. Sooo many times I have seen poor cars outdo fasts ones because the driver of the slow car is better. My mates Dad is an advanced police driver and he took us out in his Volvo T5 once, and it was rather rapid. I dont think it was tuned up, but the skill of these drivers is very very high (well his was anyway!)

i was "caught up with" rather quickly by a plain volvo s70 "r" with little blue radiator lights recently... they are pretty rapid...

Hmmm... evo 7 ~vs~ m6 in a straight line... not a chance... unless it was being towed on a bungee.....

when i got points on my licenece 5 years ago in wales, that was an unmarked volvo.

i'm paranoid round volvo's now. if i see one i always look to see whos driving when i pass

when i got points on my licenece 5 years ago in wales, that was an unmarked volvo.

i'm paranoid round volvo's now. if i see one i always look to see whos driving when i pass

Im exactly the same, I always check on the motorway whether there is a volvo behind me or not and adjust my speed accordingly ;)

Im exactly the same, I always check on the motorway whether there is a volvo behind me or not and adjust my speed accordingly ;)

+1 I hate people who buy black volvos, mondeos, scodas etc..

:lol: I do exactly the same, always suspicious of Volvo's, I mean, who would actually buy a Volvo out of choice??? :lol:

+1 I hate people who buy black volvos, mondeos, scodas etc..

Yep... any volvo.. slow it down.. Manchester Police have Sooooo many of these unmarked ones... i was lucky.. he sat me in the car, asked the usual questions, including that time honoured classic of "how fast were you going" to which the only answer of course is "70.. ish.. give or take.. maybe 75".... advised he believed that figure was closer to 90 and then offered to show me the film of my "offence".. being a lover of films i accepted his kind offer only to be shown 5 minutes of interference, odd splats of my car and then nada.. puntcuated by such stock police favourite phrases as "lloks like you are in luck sir" and "this doesn't usually happen" (that's a dodgy and scary statement to hear from a large uniformed bloke on a dark night in Manchester i can tell you ;) ) and finally the phrase "i will let you go this time, but i will be keeping an eye out for you as i come this way all the time (also a scary and dodgy phrase to hear from a large uniformed mustachiod bloke ona dark night in manchester)..... then he let me go .. i was lucky... but hey ho they should look after the kit better !....

Yep agree with the statement that the unlicensed chavscum don't get treated harshly enough.. my mate got hit by an unlicensed, uninsured immigrant status person last year in collyhurst Manchester.. plod basically said "there's not much we can do".... personally i think there was.. but it involved violence and intimidation.. Bring back the 70's and 80's cops i say, they'd have dealt with it in an appropriate manner involving mattresses, pillows and boots :)

Ranty over....... :angry:

Wen I worked at halfords we used to supply the bulbs etc for the police. A t5 turned up for a new headlight bulb. Once they popped the bonnet we all went for a nose ... this thing was braced up to the heavens dread to think what else was done. Isnt there a specific v5 classification for ex police vehicles that have been tuned up?

We used to have a focus RS round our way that had been significantly fettled with.

:lol: I do exactly the same, always suspicious of Volvo's, I mean, who would actually buy a Volvo out of choice??? :lol:

my father in law is thinking about it :blush:

my father in law is thinking about it :blush:

Rtbiscuit don't worry, there are people you can pay to "de-programme" your father in law..... y'know the sort of thing.. waterboarding, stimulous supression, sensory deprivation etc...... if that fails maybe a bit of a slap and a shake with the phrase "what the feck are you thinking man ?" might snap him out of it...

Alternatively... if he's still young enough maybe just a weekend larging it in prague / barcelona / milan followed by a proper lairy track day session in some beefy old school motors, y'know, dodge viper / old school f355 fiat etc etc... will cure him of the unnatural feeling for volvos....... :)

Actually... admission... i do quite like the latest luxury v70's.. we use a chauffer company who run a fleet of 100+ of the latest top spec v70 estates.. not bad.. much nicer to be in than the e-class mercs we get from another chauffer company..

i think we persuaded him to get a VW tiguan.

he needs something to tow his caravan, something to do with the 80% rule :blush:

it'll match my wifes car, as she has a golf.

they are a bit of a VW lovin family. each to there own, but i find VW a bit souless