Buying Help - New versus Old Model?

Nev23

Am looking for my first 350z.

Within price range I either have choice of a 2007 (07) 300 model or the newer 2007 (57) 313.

Is there much difference and which model would people advise?

Sorry if this has already been discussed, had a good scan of forum but have found nothing so far!

Cheers

I have a 300 (296 bhp) but if in your position I would have the 309 bhp version. Only gripes I have heard is that engine mods for 309, which is radically different from ther 276/296 versions, are are not so freely available as it has had only had a relatively short life and with the 370Z that is arriving soon tuners are not investing mods for that engine ;)

But if engine mods are not your thing then go for the 309 :thumbs:

:welcome:

If I was in the same situation then I'd go for the latest model. Unless it wasn't to a spec / colour I wanted.

The colour listing changed on these models so if you may want one that isn't available on the newever model.

:welcome:

As the others have said the newer more powerful one is the way to go, unless you like to mod. There arent as many mods out for the newer model, but if you are going to keep it stock, then the new revised engine is the way to go ;)

I would certainly take the later model - its the engine the Zed should have had from day 1. The basic mods are available for it - exhaust, intakes, cats etc but there is far less choice out there. FI is a different matter.