Tints

markyp

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then, your all chav's :p

Wait till baby comes along and the rear windows will be tinted on the family wagon to protect the baby from the sun!

My dads Rangie is tinted up and it looks pimp in my opinion, really cool!

Then, your all chav's :p

Wait till baby comes along and the rear windows will be tinted on the family wagon to protect the baby from the sun!

My dads Rangie is tinted up and it looks pimp in my opinion, really cool!

Won't be happening. Tints should be for limo's only imo.....the people I see with tints have usually got something to hide.......green smoke out the windows is usually an indicator :headhurt:

• 2 weeks later...

I have all my cars windows tinted. I find really dark tints look terrible/cheap and are dangerous during dark o'clock. I normally go for 35% film. I've found 50% and above and there is no visible difference to standard. Driving in strong sunlight gives me a sore head but a slight tint makes the whole cabin more comfortable.

Remember, as a general rule if you have a dark interior the tint will appear darker, with a light interior a weak tint may not make difference to appearance of car. As for aesthetic value, it's all down to personal taste. I think done properly and at the right level it can transform a motor.

Around £180 would be a good price for a Z. Worth paying for quality, there are lots of wannabe amateurs out there.:)

Thanks Derek, yes guys n gals it is I that do the window tints for mastertint with my boss Dave. Those prices you lot have been quoted are good prices, just make sure its decent window film like Johnsons Or Solaguard, we give a 10 yr guarentee for fading etc...our prices are competitive so pm for a price if your interested...cheers Lisa :)

Thanks Derek, yes guys n gals it is I that do the window tints for mastertint with my boss Dave. Those prices you lot have been quoted are good prices, just make sure its decent window film like Johnsons Or Solaguard, we give a 10 yr guarentee for fading etc...our prices are competitive so pm for a price if your interested...cheers Lisa :)

Welcome to the club lisaf, post a post in the introductions section :thumbs:

How easy is it to take tints off if you get pulled by the rozzers?

I have found, generally very easy to peel off if done with patience and not too agressively.

That if its only been tinted recently, it has glue on the back of the tint and sticks to the window. Lots of soapy water and a blade to scrap it of to remove the glue, very occasionally it will come off with the glue if very carefull, so best to use a blade to scrap the excess glue off.

markyp, where abouts in essex are you bud ?, seems like a fair price to me, a guy at the last thurrock meet had his tinted, he had a black zed, looked really smart B) , not a clue what tint he went for though !

It was me B) I only have a light tint, just to tone down the contrast of the clear glass on a black car. I used a Solaguard Film and done it myself. (im afraid i wont be filming another zed though, access is s***, gave me a back ache for 2days, also i dont have the patience)

• 9 months later...

Won't be happening. Tints should be for limo's only imo.....the people I see with tints have usually got something to hide.......:headhurt:

+1

[rant] the sooner we get rid of all tints over 15% the better IMO. If you've nothing to hide, why black out the car?

No need to take them off limos, just destroy the limos as they are an affront to car styling. I've never seen a good one, even when something crap to start with was stretched.

It's impossible to see throught the car next to you at a junction or roundabout too.

[/rant]

Get in car, pop hood, get out of car, shut door, open hood, disconnect battery......... just dont shut the door when you have the battery disconnected! As you may be replacing the door glass! Thats for fitting! Not sure about leaving it for 5 days without using, 12hours perhaps!

Simple! (As is typing full words ;))

Hi,

Haven't read all these posts, but Mines done back and sides. The trick is to fade to lighter tint as you come forward to the driver and passenger windows.

Make sure these guys know what they're doing. Cos if its wrong it'll look crap and if its too dark plod will be all over you. :bang:

About £170 is what I paid. They removed the door glass to do it too. Top job.

Take a look.

I was recently pulled and my windows tested (they have a machine carried in most patrol cars now). They need to let 70% light through or you will get an on the spot fine and told to remove them. It is possible for them to give you points also.

Unfortunately for me, mine did not let 70% light through (nowhere near if I'm honest). Fortunately he let me off when he realised I was in the armed forces (cue stories of him and his old regt.).

He did say however that sometime in the future (didnt clarify when exactly) the test was being introduced into the MOT. So anyone thinking of going above the 30% limit, I would seriously think twice about it.