20BHP gain No turbos’s

Dicky

Ah got your interest then! :D

It’s raining in Newcastle and you know what I’m happy. :teeth: The reason--- the mean machine seems to gain 20bhp when it rains. It seems more responsive, sharper and overall faster.

Now come on you technocrats, WHAT’s HAPPENING, is it just me or is there a reason for this. This could by the route to your very first million

Ok im no techie but isnt it due to the air density.

Colder air = denser air = more oxygen

Am i right??:wacko:

Denser air would definatley make the car feel more responsive probably add extra 5-7 bhp gain

So if I the air's as dense as say----------me, then I can book my appointment with the Dragon's>

Ok im no techie but isnt it due to the air density.

Colder air = denser air = more oxygen

Am i right??:wacko:

Denser air would definatley make the car feel more responsive probably add extra 5-7 bhp gain

So if I the air's as dense as say----------me, then I can book my appointment with the Dragon's>

Hey if it worked for Levi Routes Regga Regga Sauce Im sure you could pull something out of the bag :lol:

On that bombshell..

Could you re-mount your air con cooler to work with your intake?

Please let this make me my millions!! :#1:

It only gets better!! :lol:

actually this has been tried quite a few times - even by Ford I believe! However that darn 2nd law of thermodynamics seems to be quite persistent!

mounting your aircon cooler by your intake would mae performance worse. the air con cooler actually gives off alot of heat as air con works by transfering the heat this makes the air colder which gets blown your way, and the hot air is produced around the veins of the condensor.

so not the best idea.

but ...

the air is also colder and denser the closer to the road you get.

so if you mount your intake lower down you get better air, but you run the risk of feeding your engine lots of water if it rains and you go through big puddles. (i think i got that right) :wacko:

+1 my mates Civic Type R has the CAI in the wheel arch. He's sh*t scared of puddles :lol:

So its got nothing to do with the rain only the colder more dense air. Hey Im starting to get the hang of this. I'll be fettling things next .

So I’ve got to make the air colder and more dense even if its a sunny hot day. You know IanSi6’s air con idea has merit.

However since Mr Pingu’s suggestion hints of an in depth understanding of old Einstein’s thinking, which I like, then:

if e =mc² and I =v/r

D (air density) = air con o/p x O² % :scare:

∑πr² x 106p/litre

sod it, who need’s the money anyway! :blush:

Its all about the H in the H20 ;) All engines should run stronger with a bit of water in the air esp those with cones as they let more moisture in, not too much to damage the engine though... The heat burns off the wet bit leaving the H to do its work....

It has been known to use an electric screen wash pump connected to a paint spray nozzle at the air box intake... known as water injection!

Its all about the H in the H20 ;) All engines should run stronger with a bit of water in the air esp those with cones as they let more moisture in, not too much to damage the engine though... The heat burns off the wet bit leaving the H to do its work....

It has been known to use an electric screen wash pump connected to a paint spray nozzle at the air box intake... known as water injection!

You ever seen a car with water injection on a track? One of the lads in MLR had it and went for a run with him for 6 laps, and afterwards he needed another 2l to refill the water injection and intercooler sprayer :scare:

C'mon guys.. while we've got our thinking heads on. There's got to be a good way of doing this!

Back on to the air con bit, it freezes something (rang big phil shitting myself thinking my car had a leak but it was the thawing air con) and I'm assuming the fans just blow the air through a 'frozen' pipe. (maybe not that simple but surely its something like that). Well can't you just put something like that on your induction pipe?

Or maybe I'm just taking this too far? :wacko: