I have just had an heart attack!!! Lewis

Beavis

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, its offical, however, no doubt the FIA will try and dock points for something silly. I'm glad he fitted his steering wheel at the end of the race as they could have disqualified him for it ::wacko:

The shots of the Ferrari garage finding out they hadnt won was absolutely hilarious.

Yup, its offical, however, no doubt the FIA will try and dock points for something silly. I'm glad he fitted his steering wheel at the end of the race as they could have disqualified him for it ::wacko:

The shots of the Ferrari garage finding out they hadnt won was absolutely hilarious.

+1 - I was shouting at the telly for him to put the wheel on!!

I do feel sorry for Massa. Not Ferrari, but Massa. One of the more genuine guys in F1. Well done Lewis though, thoroughly deserved. :thumbs:

+1 - I was shouting at the telly for him to put the wheel on!!

I do feel sorry for Massa. Not Ferrari, but Massa. One of the more genuine guys in F1. Well done Lewis though, thoroughly deserved. :thumbs:

Yeh, agree with you there pal. He seems alright.

I felt sory for Massa too but not for Ferrari, definitely :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: for Lewis, all I could think when Vettel passed him was that the extra point that the FIA gave Massa for driving into Bourdais was going to make the difference, I was :rant: and the missus had started kicking things!

mclaren will be cast adrift without the tech they stole from ferrari

What a load of rubbish :dry: Nothing to do with the Ferrari employee who handed the information over then? :wacko::yawn:

Ferrari should have had better employee control. So in a word it was not stolen both teams had a part to play in the matter. ;) And quite wrongly only one team was punished. :dry:

And what a travesty it would have been if Lewis had lost the championship by 1 point after the race fixing in Belguim where your man Massa was handed the win when he never turned up at the race. I am sorry but the best driver won it this year.Lewis fought for every point and was gifted non by the FIA. :yahoo:

I felt sorry for Massa too but not for Ferrari, definitely :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: for Lewis, all I could think when Vettel passed him was that the extra point that the FIA gave Massa for driving into Bourdais was going to make the difference, I was :rant: and the missus had started kicking things!

+1 - Massa did what he had to do but McLaren/Hamilton did not perform as they should and Lewis was very, very lucky. But overall the way the season has gone Hamilton deserved the championshp despite the FIA's attempts to undermine it. As Ferrari take the manufacturers crown they should be grateful.

I wonder what Vettel is feeling now - clearly he has a lot of talent and having signed up for the Red Bull sister team that does not have the Ferrari power I wonder if we will see a move to Ferrari before too long as Raikonnen seems to have lost motivation and is so boring - frankly I can't see the Italians supporting him for much longer.

Oh, and like SunsetZed, I am now repairing the damage caused by my missus during the last lap of the race :lol:

Congratulations to Lewis...Massa drove well but bad luck!

Glock tried to get max points for toyota by staying out on the slicks...and it gave way at the last lap...he achieved what he took the risk for. Fortunately the slicks didnt hold up another lap...if it did...lewis finito!

NExt season?...watchout for the following.

HAmilton, Alonso, Raikonnen all champions.

Vettel, Kubica, Massa, Button, B.Senna?, Heidfield: All fast drivers who have the potential to win more than one race in the season, only limited by the development of the car.

My bet is raikonnen...he had the car last year that he wanted...didnt like it this year..IF he gets the car he wants..then he WILL blow everyone off the track. Raikonnen's best performances were from his mclaren days..and it clearly shows he is adriver who will beat everyone if he gets the car he wants.

Lewis...I only hope he stays in a swiss jungle completely isolated and not turn into this stupid celebrity crap...the press will eat him alive..he will lose focus on the only thng he is good at..racing cars..and then he will turn into nothing!

oh well - next year with all the rule changes mclaren will be cast adrift without the tech they stole from ferrari - massa for 2009! :D

Good job they must have binned the info they got from Ferrari then - otherwise they could have had the car blow up twice on Hamilton.

If anything Ferrari should have hoped they were using the information! :lol:

Massa had reliability issues and pit stop balls ups to contend with - all matters that reside within the control of Ferrari. Lewis on the other hand was battling some of the most bizzare and truly inexplicable stewarding decisions ever made.

It was hard not to feel a little upset for Massa - how he must have been dreaming of becoming world champion by winning the Brazilian grand Prix in front of his home nation, and even to celebrate it for 20 seconds or so until they realised what had happened.

None of the issues during this season were his fault, he just did the best he could with the tools he was given.

PS. Even if Lewis had not gained 5th, they would have been level on points - but Massa would have won having had more wins.

Though "level on points" is questionable given the net gain of 6 in spa and the extra 2 that he was gifted in Shanghai (unless of course Kimis car suddenly began sporting an anchor toward the end of that race).

I imagine the ferrari data went to improving their existing design and suggesting further improvements to it rather than just giving them something to copy... although of course they claim it didn't :lol:

You're right - Ferrari screwed up a few races ... such a shame for Massa who had a pretty impressive season B)

(nothing like stirring up the subject)

A fantastic race for sure, one of the best I've seen...this season all in all is the best in my recent memory in fact.

That being said, I'm not a McClaren fan at all - not sure why, they just don't do it for me. However, hats off the Lewis for being in the right place at the right time and getting it just right enough to come out on top. He's obviously a very talented driver, and I think he's a great steward for the sport in general.

Vettel - what can I say. I'm with David Hobbes on this one - 2 years we'll be seeing him as World Champ. The boy definitely has chops!

Now, as for Glock, I'd bet the tifosi sent La Cosa Nostra to search for his home starting yesterday lololol. He obviously confused brake pedal with accelerator, or had a momentary, yet IMHO deliberate "whoops" in order to not favor Ferrari. It was just too convenient that on the last turn he surrenders the position...wet weather or not. Either way, it was still a great race and a fantastic season overall. Meanwhile Glock was spotted making a rather large cash deposit today to a bank off the Caymans (I kid!)

http://cornerbalance.wordpress.com/2008 ... _785318c2/

Fantastic end to the race.

Felt a bit sorry for Massa, as hes one of the good guys really. Can't see him ever getting a championship now, Kimi will be stronger again next season and the gap to the other teams will be closer in my opinion. The real racers should be able to make more passing moves, so guys like Vettel and Heidfeld I think will do particularly well.

A fantastic race for sure, one of the best I've seen...this season all in all is the best in my recent memory in fact.

That being said, I'm not a McClaren fan at all - not sure why, they just don't do it for me. However, hats off the Lewis for being in the right place at the right time and getting it just right enough to come out on top. He's obviously a very talented driver, and I think he's a great steward for the sport in general.

Vettel - what can I say. I'm with David Hobbes on this one - 2 years we'll be seeing him as World Champ. The boy definitely has chops!

Now, as for Glock, I'd bet the tifosi sent La Cosa Nostra to search for his home starting yesterday lololol. He obviously confused brake pedal with accelerator, or had a momentary, yet IMHO deliberate "whoops" in order to not favor Ferrari. It was just too convenient that on the last turn he surrenders the position...wet weather or not. Either way, it was still a great race and a fantastic season overall. Meanwhile Glock was spotted making a rather large cash deposit today to a bank off the Caymans (I kid!)

http://cornerbalance.wordpress.com/2008 ... _785318c2/

+1 i watched it again last night and the track wasnt even that wet, there is no way lewis passed glock due to pace!!