Hey guys

Ello, i'm 19 and i'm from sunny Motherwell - just south of Glasgow. I currently drive a mk2 MG ZS, and i've got my heart set on getting a 350z. If everything works out, i'll be getting a decent example come spring as I don't fancy learning to drive a rwd on icy roads.

I was shocked at the price zed's are going for these days, you don't half get some amount for your money. I'm looking for a zed with relatively low mileage, but it must be gunmetal(the best colour) and have ray alloys.

I also was shocked at how cheap some quotes I got for insurance for my age. I got various quotes kicking about £1800, I just dont understand why its so cheap for a teenager to drive a 3.5litre?!

Anyways, less blabbing on, will be great having a good banter from you guys!

Cheers.

Cheers guys. I might just take you up on that Jay. Is yours the JDM one for sale on strathycruise? it looks pretty tidy.

I don't think I can wait until spring. My ZS will be up for sale in the next few days and i'll be looking to get my 350 for xmas :)

I really like Traktion's which is for sale on this site, and seen a few others for sale.

Are the nismo backboxes still available? they sound @*!# hot! :p

hey dude yeh it is mate but am thinking of not selling it now lol! I really wanted to get zed boys car but its sold now :headhurt: I was looking at getting a mustang but its just a hassle with the lhd! Are you at uni or anythin mate cause am in glasgow everyday so i dnt mind you sitting in the passengers seat and seeing if you like the zed. (which you will) :thumbs:

Unlucky mate, zedboys car was a cracker. I guess it would have cost you a fortune to insure right enough due to the mods & your age? Mustang? very nice. I know what you mean about LHD, but I think it would be easy to get used to it. My boss has a LHD dodge ram, and its like being in a tank lol.

Nah, i'm not at uni, i'm working full time at the moment. I may go to uni in a few years after i've had my fun :p I take it your at uni at the moment? my twin bro studies in strathclyde uni.

I'll definitely take you up on that offer sometime mate, would be greatly appreciated. I've decided not to rush into anything. I may aswell wait until I see the perfect one before I jump in the deep end as it could prove to be a very expensive mistake :p

My brothers mate bought a 350z at the start of the year and travelled down to england numerous times, and turned his nose up at loads of different cars, but he found a excellent example eventually.

Yeh mate am at strathclyde uni! Eh the mods actually wouldnt have cost that much on the old insurance. Your defo doing the best thing and waiting to see the exact one that you want. Also not the best time to be learning how to drive the zed lol as she is a beast and likes to skid from time to time lol. Just send me a pm whenever u want a shot dude and we will work something out :teeth:

Thats what i'm going to do, i'll wait until the winter has past and i'll get one then. Will have the pennies saved up by then :)

Where abouts in town are you from jay? and if you don't mind me asking, how much is your insurance? Motherwell is quite a high risk area so i'm looking at 2k for a years insurance, which isn't too bad. :)

A quick search of the net shows that newton mearns is under the G77 postal area? According to http://www.carinsuranceexplained.com/car_insurance_explained/insurance_postcode_risk.htm It is amongst one of the high risk areas, as is Motherwell. So that is a very reasonable price for your insurance.

What do you study at Strathclyde mate?