Cost of fitting a spoiler! Help

mike150

I've bought a Nismo V1 spoiler in fibeglass off Phil at ESR and I've had 2 quotes to fit and paint it..............£200 and £210, both are good bodyshops but I am shocked at the price.

That's a pretty expensive wing! £450 :scare:

I might have been better buying the carbon one and not painting it :wacko:

What sort of rent should it be????

Thanks

See originally I was thinking of a carbon spoiler at £350 and not painting it but then I thought an all carbon spoiler looked a bit dodgy, shire's car is LOVELY :p with the carbon V1 but the bottom of it's painted (my car's gunmetal too).

The other thing is I don't like putting money into extras that ad very little ££Â£'s to the car as I'm a bit fickel and may not keep it too long so don't want to waste cash!

P.S. fitted a plenum spacer and it seems to give a few bhp and a wee improvement on mpg but I intend to report in depth on this once I get a week or two's driving in it.

Thanks for the response so far.

:)Members make a forum what it is:)

Yip £200 is reasonable for a quality job up here. I just had my Veilside V3 done and my mate owns the paintshop.:)

4 hrs labour + material + vat................£200 ain't bad.

I

Thats quite a good price buddy, allways pay's off to know someone when it comes to modyifing cars or too build a good relationship with someone, otherwise a very expensive hobby !!!!!!

I need to find a good bodyshop in the surrey area, anyone got any recommendations? - thread hijack btw

TGM have a bodyshop, really good bunch of lads their. Tom runs the garage (get all my mods from them and fitted there) and his brother runs the bodyshop on same site. Not had any work done their (Yet) myself, but i know personally many DC5 owners who used them for repairs and mods with fantastic results.

PM me if you want any more details on them mate.