air filter mod.........free induction noise

mike150

I didn't fancy spending money on an induction kit just for induction noise as I have read that you don't get any extra power from a better breathing filter on the Z.

So.......I took out the filter box and attacked it with a 24mm hole saw :teeth: , a couple of holes in the sides, 5 on the bottom and a couple on the front, none on the top. Put it back in with a new standard filter element and it looks the same.

The noise however is great, cost nothing and it looks nice and standard :thumbs: You never know, an insurance inspector might want to see if there are any engine mods someday if the worst happens.

After have loads of Honda CRX's and a couple of Type R's in my youth (10 years ago!) I never saw anything wrong with this.

Well I just tell how it is, if you don't like it the alternative is a £££££ but I like the standard air box, looks like it was made for the Z :lol:

You can always tape up the holes again or buy a new box!

All you are doing buy putting an induction kit on is removing the box that silences the induction noise. B)

Well I just tell how it is, if you don't like it the alternative is a £££££ but I like the standard air box, looks like it was made for the Z :lol:

All you are doing buy putting an induction kit on is removing the box that silences the induction noise. B)

True !!!!

Tape up the holes? :surrender: To be honest mate i think you mad a big mistake in doing this. A replacement box is probably quite expensive :headhurt:

Your surname is not Heath-robinson by anychance :lol:

Awesome.....

I heard a 1.2 CorsaZ sounds ace with no airbox at all!

I think taping up holes is rougher than cutting them in the first place.

I'm all for saving money but surly there has to be limits!

Risking trashing your warranty (if its still in warranty) for the sake of a better induction noise.....

Hmmmmm.

I dont meant o sound harsh, or like some kind of snobbish idiot, but the clever/dumb balance adverts come to mind.