The Jockland Hoon 2009

Stew

I need to work out how long to go for, cos its a long way for a weekend but i cant afford to use up a full weeks holiday with work!

Im thinking just a long weekend, but need to see what time i can get off :(

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Louis may come up too, he was talking about flying up or getting the train. So that gives you another chance to play matchmaker :p

Damn shame the Motorail doesn't run anymore cos that would have made it sooo easy!

Damn shame the Motorail doesn't run anymore cos that would have made it sooo easy!

You have one of the best cruising GT's around and you want to put it on a train - that ought to attract a :ban::lol:

You have one of the best cruising GT's around and you want to put it on a train - that ought to attract a :ban::lol:

Sleep while moving!

Sleep while moving!

:ban:

Sleep while moving!

Tut tut, if I as a bus pass holder finds the drive from Surrey to Scotland in the ZED far more rewarding than contemplating hitching a lift on a train, I'm sure a young whipper-snapper like you would find it a doddle :lol:

what the hell is the motorail........... :blush:

Like a car transporter but a train I think. With normal carridges too so you can eat, sleep etc on the train.

How anyone can suggest it! Wheres that temp ban button gone? :ban::lol:

what the hell is the motorail........... :blush:

The motorail was (don't think it operates now) similar to the Channel shuttle train - gives cars a piggy back ride, although pasengers rode in carriages then, and in the case of the lazy Ritchie types they would opt for a sleeping car. :)

Colin and Stan in particular will be pleased to note that we have managed to squeeze into OUR b&b despite their best efforts to book the place out :D We are booked for fri/sat/sun night, while we decide if we want to stay anywhere else i.e. Ullapool etc. We have to change rooms for the last night though.

Who's owning up to booking the biggest room for about 5 nights or so hmmm?

Bring on the "music"! ;)

Colin and Stan in particular will be pleased to note that we have managed to squeeze into OUR b&b despite their best efforts to book the place out :D We are booked for fri/sat/sun night, while we decide if we want to stay anywhere else i.e. Ullapool etc. We have to change rooms for the last night though.

Who's owning up to booking the biggest room for about 5 nights or so hmmm?

Bring on the "music"! ;)

:ninja:

Didnt realise you were all booking rooms already :surrender:

Where do we go to book?

Only a twin left at our B+B, it's wee car park will be a sight. Didn't know you were in as well Stu!

I found it last year just by googling, there are various others about.

Didnt realise you were all booking rooms already :surrender:

Where do we go to book?

Only a twin left at our B+B, it's wee car park will be a sight. Didn't know you were in as well Stu!

I found it last year just by googling, there are various others about.

I found it last year because I saw a shiny Red Zed parked in the car park!! :lol:

Anyway ya cheeky monkey - uzzz Northern folk dont need big rooms -as a former MR2 Roadster owner I am used to travelling light! Well more space for the wine and glasses ! ;)

Stew we should have asked for a Club discount!

Wheres that then? Thought we all stayed at the Challet park place? :headhurt:

The Nia Roo lodge. I didn't realise Colin and Stan had already booked in until Wales. Me and Fran stayed there last year, joined by Stan when he famously found his chalet a bit, err, damp :yuck: See his reasons above!

I expect the chalet park will still see a few folk from here, and they do B&B in the main house apparently.

Wheres that then? Thought we all stayed at the Challet park place? :headhurt:

The Nia Roo lodge. I didn't realise Colin and Stan had already booked in until Wales. Me and Fran stayed there last year, joined by Stan when he famously found his chalet a bit, err, damp :yuck: See his reasons above!

I expect the chalet park will still see a few folk from here, and they do B&B in the main house apparently.

The chalet park has undergone a full referb, and its where Bec and I along with a fair few others will be staying.

I/We (Martinmac and Liz) found the chalet park to suit our needs for the hoon, most of last years hooners can vouch for this as you seen it for yourselves.

Feel i have to clarify a few things. We had an old chalet that wasnt refurbished hence damp cold and wet which played on my chest. The others including Marts seemed a lot better than ours but by then we had decided to move out. The attitude we got from the owner left a lot to be desired when we asked to refund the rest of the stay money. So thats why we went for B & B . Chalet is good to see Mart with detailing spray at 07:30am on his zed!

:lol:

Feel i have to clarify a few things. We had an old chalet that wasnt refurbished hence damp cold and wet which played on my chest. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Make sure you've got your thermals sorted for this year Stan! :):thumbs: