The Jockland Hoon 2009

Stew

Hopefully can make this, depends whether Doug is offshore or not. Sounds like a fab outing though so hope so :)

Stew, you no doubt have everything sorted but if you/others want a hand in any aspect of organising things then I'd be more than willing to help, being local.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bec and i will be up for a week :thumbs:

Ditto with me and Amanda :teeth:

I assume if we are aiming for a week long hoon, it will be the week before, culminating in the Hoon or would we do mid-week to mid-week? Dont fancy a drive home the day of the hoon :surrender:

I assume if we are aiming for a week long hoon, it will be the week before, culminating in the Hoon or would we do mid-week to mid-week? Dont fancy a drive home the day of the hoon :surrender:

We would either travel on the monday or tuesday Chris and then head back the following monday :thumbs:

No problem... I'm sad... I like organising things :surrender: lol

What would be helpful is to arrange for a couple of Shell V-power tankers parked along the route as Stew does like to test our tank capacity :p

Not that I'm complaining about the route length as the longer the drive the better for me :teeth:

We would either travel on the monday or tuesday Chris and then head back the following monday :thumbs:

Sounds like a plan :thumbs:

Sounds like a plan :thumbs:

Maybe a Chester services meet point and a small convoy up?

Maybe meet with Mr Mac at tebay services :thumbs:

Take a look at this months Evo mag. The route they took in the droptop SLR uses a fair bit of our route.

They did miss out some of the best bits though didn't they Colin???

Yep :thumbs:

A couple of pics on Stews 'scenic' route north of Applecross :teeth:

P1040250.jpg

P1040257.jpg

• 1 month later...
Think the main drive is on the weekend and other drives are each side of it Chris :)

Ta :thumbs:

Just been back and read page 6, doesnt look like things have moved on as much as I thought since I last posted :blush:

We don't need 20 pages for nothing to happen Chris.... :lol::lol::lol:

Either way is fine. I'll prepare a few routes for people to use at their leisure. :D

Anyone can join in with the routes planning. If you tell me what you want to do I'll make a route.

I'll go anywhere matey, you know me :teeth:

The route in TG looked good, some nice photo ops up there. Was a bit worried when they didnt take the SLR some places, are these the extra bits you do? :scare:;)

Was just trying to work out what date we'd be going up as my mum wants to visit relatives around that time and would convoy up with us, but I think it clashes with her holidays. Saves me the hassle of doing shifts in the Zed and her A4!

Yeah I think it would be good to work out some kind of vague itinerary. Just like where people are planning to stay and what they are up to (if they are planning to do stuff with the club of course!).

Me and the +1 are planning to make a week of it, but have no idea what to do in the time. I was hoping there would be some club "excursion" to see the sights :teeth: