Replacment ECU Haltech Platinum Z350

andlid

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have gone De-haltech :not_me:

Background; have had some problem with the car not running as smooth on lower RPM as it was before I tuned it, could be expected with lower tolerance levels (maybe?). Anyhow the car also started throwing back some error codes from the CEL light, started getting a bit worried here so went back and got it re-tuned (checked more like) engine light came on again on Friday, so it was decided to take the ECU out of the equation to see if it makes a difference to the behavior. I can say it does, smoothness is back again in low RPM :scare:, engine light has not come on since :thumbs:

The car is now back to run like this though... :wheelchair: , scary how you get used to the extra power!

I'll keep you posted, the pure plenum spacer, dirt in throttle body has been mentioned as culprits... not sure though since they are no problems now. :surrender:

:headhurt: de-haltech is no fun at all...

Not good mate.

I'd get on the US forums and see what they have to say. They have a wealth of knowledge we dont on the Haltech units.

It's with the Haltech US and Halech AUS at the moment... I'll see what they wanna do will drive the car for another 2 days... :yawn:

Not good mate.

I'd get on the US forums and see what they have to say. They have a wealth of knowledge we dont on the Haltech units.

It's with the Haltech US and Halech AUS at the moment... I'll see what they wanna do will drive the car for another 2 days... :yawn:

Well at least its escallated to them, hopefully they will resolve it soon. Interested in the outcome as I was tempted to get one if it was reliable and giving good gains :)

did the tuners do a cold start tune?

"to do the job properly we will need to have the car here for at least two in order for us to accurately calibrate the cold start tables the day after the mapping"

they had it for quite some time, I was in no hurry getting it back :D actually after the tune the cold start was SO much better then with std ECU! :thumbs:

Think it might be the feedback setting that's causing it, but hey presto won't be guessing just waiting for any outcome... :scare:

Not good mate.

Well at least its escallated to them, hopefully they will resolve it soon. Interested in the outcome as I was tempted to get one if it was reliable and giving good gains :)

I'll keep all you guys posted on progress. :thumbs: was SO happy with the result (when not city driving...) think it's an easy tune setup ... (@*!# did it again, guessing that is.) Will sort something out for tomorrow I'll say.

:thumbs:

When you consider the price of a new exhaust can be half the cost of the Haltech with only a nice noise and no power gain, it brings an ECU into a tempting price territory.

If you get a smooth running car then there may be quite a number of us jumping in the bandwagon :teeth:

By the way, did you ever try the car on the base map? Even that seems to give good gains (nice torque gain!) and saves money on a custom map? Sorry if that is a dumb question, I`m new to the ECU idea :blush:

When you consider the price of a new exhaust can be half the cost of the Haltech with only a nice noise and no power gain, it brings an ECU into a tempting price territory.

If you get a smooth running car then there may be quite a number of us jumping in the bandwagon :teeth:

By the way, did you ever try the car on the base map? Even that seems to give good gains (nice torque gain!) and saves money on a custom map? Sorry if that is a dumb question, I`m new to the ECU idea :blush:

Yeah but there was some "issue" with the intake valve something or another (can't remember)... AH got it: "intake valve timing" issue... I think it just needs.. (sh*t slipping back into the guessing game! lol)

Told my tuner he can treat sambos for meet 2009 (lmaaaaao) :thumbs:

HALTECH'ED once again :teeth: took 5min to install 1 1/2 hours of driving slow up and down not the better parts of Dublin B) , tuning it in...

a bit :yawn: now but the results are very promising, a retune of the 500-1500-2000-2500 RPM band.. feels smoother now then on standard ECU! :lol:

More still to come though (gf) driving it into work tomorrow and will feed comments back to base :scare:, won't be able to drive it anymore myself for the next 5 days :dry:

Anyway still goes like mad in the higher RPM's! :thumbs: Once I get a clean bill of health I can do some basic testing for you guys if you want. (if you give me a test program :blush: )

Gnite!

:surrender:

Thanks Nic/CDA for all the time and effort so far! :thumbs:

na tuning can get you to about 300whp...thats about it really...but its still a good 50whp more than stock tune and all the breathing mods that you have added will finally start paying the dividends. changes the character of the car completely

na tuning can get you to about 300whp...thats about it really...but its still a good 50whp more than stock tune and all the breathing mods that you have added will finally start paying the dividends. changes the character of the car completely

I appreciate that but how has andlid netted 50bhp from bolt on breathing mods?

By the haltech controling the sensors and making changes to make the most out of the mods... Increase Fuel and Air control basically and then not letting the ECU make its own changes...

By the haltech controling the sensors and making changes to make the most out of the mods... Increase Fuel and Air control basically and then not letting the ECU make its own changes...

But I've been told by numerous tuners that 15bhp is about the maximum gain out of breathing mods?

Dig out Adam@Z1's old thread. IIRC it took him quite a lot of effort to get a NA Zed to 300+ WHP. Remember thats about 350BHP at the crank isnt it? Thats quite a hike! Breathing mods along wont do that. 300BHP@the crank could be doable with breathing mods I think?

Here ya go http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic ... ght=300whp :thumbs:

Dig out Adam@Z1's old thread. IIRC it took him quite a lot of effort to get a NA Zed to 300+ WHP. Remember thats about 350BHP at the crank isnt it? Thats quite a hike! Breathing mods along wont do that. 300BHP@the crank could be doable with breathing mods I think?

Here ya go http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic ... ght=300whp :thumbs:

And at some cost!

But if I had a plenum spacer, drop in filter and the Haltech would I get a gain of over 50bhp like Andlid? Wether its at the fly, crank, wheel or whatever it's till a big gain - or am i missing something?