Replacment ECU Haltech Platinum Z350

andlid

Dig out Adam@Z1's old thread. IIRC it took him quite a lot of effort to get a NA Zed to 300+ WHP. Remember thats about 350BHP at the crank isnt it? Thats quite a hike! Breathing mods along wont do that. 300BHP@the crank could be doable with breathing mods I think?

Here ya go http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic ... ght=300whp :thumbs:

And at some cost!

But if I had a plenum spacer, drop in filter and the Haltech would I get a gain of over 50bhp like Andlid? Wether its at the fly, crank, wheel or whatever it's till a big gain - or am i missing something?

I have heard that 40BHP is possible with beathing mods and possibly some other not so expensive mods and a ECU map. Check out the US forums, theres a weath of information over there and anything you hear on here will be second hand at best. Unless off someone like Adam@Z1 that has actually done it :thumbs:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

breathing mods....i would say cold air intake, intercooler, plenum spacer, high lift cams, headers, HFC and exhaust. the stock ecu adjusts the fueling, cam and ignition timing etc so that all the gains you would normally get are negated to arrive close as possible to stock power.

an ECU flash/piggy back tune would use the sensors to keep your AFR as close to 14.7 as possible throughout the rev range. this however, is based on all the mods above which would result in power/Tq gain.

This is my understanding of the basics of tuning the Z with bolt on mods. not cheap!

• 4 weeks later...

Late update, Still having some issues with the Haltech system... Have disconnected it now and waiting for a new loom from the US :wacko:

Had to take of the pure plenum spacer, had problems with the bolts unscrewing themselves so accidently overtightened one of them and it snapped right off. After opening to have a look the plastic washer/spacers where crumpled to sheit. Looking at either fixing it up or going for a complete replacement plenum and after market strutbar...

Will keep u's posted, nothing worse then loosing 50+ hp :(

Late update, Still having some issues with the Haltech system... Have disconnected it now and waiting for a new loom from the US :wacko:

Had to take of the pure plenum spacer, had problems with the bolts unscrewing themselves so accidently overtightened one of them and it snapped right off. After opening to have a look the plastic washer/spacers where crumpled to sheit. Looking at either fixing it up or going for a complete replacement plenum and after market strutbar...

Buy a Torque wrench it will save you a fortune if your playing diy mechanics :thumbs: good luck with the repair

Buy a Torque wrench it will save you a fortune if your playing diy mechanics :thumbs: good luck with the repair

+1 - never try and do anything by hand when it comes to torque! You just cant judge it. From what I remember the plenum bolts dont need to be dont up more than hand tight as they heat cycling somehow keeps them tight. Not too sure other than my torque wrench didnt go down low enough, so let Phils lot do it :thumbs:

+1 - never try and do anything by hand when it comes to torque! You just cant judge it. From what I remember the plenum bolts dont need to be dont up more than hand tight as they heat cycling somehow keeps them tight. Not too sure other than my torque wrench didnt go down low enough, so let Phils lot do it :thumbs:

used the correct torque on the wrench but had to tighten the bolts every now and then... :yuck: micky mouse bolts... thats what I recon, think I'll sell that off and get myself a 4*times more expensive one :D

• 1 month later...

Still going strong no further problems, bar that the Idling seems to be a bit higher and not sure how to get that down. Financially figuring out how to get a Cosworth plenum at a lower cost...

Want to go and get a dyno run done now since I don't have the plenum and it's de-tuned a bit (I think)...

B)

Some interesting software releases to come soon for the platinum series too B)

• 2 weeks later...
after reading this thread I want to forget all of my appreance mods and go straight for some power mods :blush:

Thats my plan too... no need for appearance stuff! No need for brakes! No need for tires! No need for suspension!

HP all the way... :headhurt:

:yahoo: