Replacment ECU Haltech Platinum Z350

andlid

Read your post on the US forum, good praise on the numbers :)

Guessing the haltech will be about £1200ish here + tuning so about £1700?? £80ish per HP? Trying to justify that one in my head!

AET turbos were selling the haltech for £988 a few months back.

I may have an ecu solution soon ;)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read your post on the US forum, good praise on the numbers :)

Guessing the haltech will be about £1200ish here + tuning so about £1700?? £80ish per HP? Trying to justify that one in my head!

It's 34€/hp B) (a few pints less in the pub thats all :lol:)

Well going FI (or the plan is that anyway) so thought I'd go for the correct base. :surrender:

Next car might be GT-R ...and the Haltech by info will work in that one also :teeth:

If you lads want my tuner will have sambos ready for 2009's visit :yawn:

:thumbs:

More news to follow...

PS. the Plenum Spacer Kit; 22€/Hp... more bang for buck :scare:

who supplied the ECU? cost?

who tuned it? cost? any problems? how long did it take?

does it run well after tuning?

i see that Haltech have a few UK distributors - there is one in Kent called Innovate Performance.. anyone heard of them? I see TDI claim some Haltech tuning experience too..

who supplied the ECU? cost?

who tuned it? cost? any problems? how long did it take?

does it run well after tuning?

:scare:

Who supplied the ECU: http://www.couture-auto.com/

Cost ECU: 1700€ + VAT

Who tuned it: http://www.couture-auto.com/

Cost: Tuning: 400€

Problems: NO (that I'm aware off)

How long did it take: He had it for 1 day

Had the 1st spin in it yesterday, quite wet out so could'nt open her up 100%, the throttle response is COMPLETELY different (I love it) very crisp. Will have more today (looks dry out :lol: )... Does feel very different, 265 to 323 is a big jump in numbers... B)

Shame it doesn't take away te JPM restrictor, will have to talk to Haltech about that... :rant:

My guy in http://www.couture-auto.com/ is Nicolas Lim, top man! :thumbs:

On a different note... need new rear tyres now :blush:

thought of another question - did you have the rev limit raised?

and another - what other performance mods do you have on the car? (exhaust/plenum/intake/etc)... ?

curiosity killed the penguin..

:headhurt:

Rev limit lowered; no need to rev it any higher (check out the dyno sheet)

Mods: (thought thats under the dyno sheet?! :wacko: )

Pure Plenum Spacer kit

Zees end "pipe"

Apexi drop in filter

So very little done :thumbs: (so far)

any other Q's??? :surrender:

Im in agreement with that, does sound good. Will have to either stay VERY quiet about doing it, or spend alot on flowers to seal the deal..... :p

£1200 for the kit, £2400 on flowers??? :lol:

hmmm never got that stuff re flowers :teeth: they don't last... :lol:

£0 on flowers, spend more on the car. 300£ on a hotel weekend/spa away will do the trick B)

Or say nothing.... :scare:

Great results!

XS turbo offer a piggy back system called Utec which is about half the price. Still have to get it set up to your car though.

Nice one, actually did look at the UTEC system but didn't feel it would be doing what I want it to be doing. Not sure re the gains on that one either. Quite an ammount of US dudes has the UTEC and it seems good enough, can't comment more rather then on a my350z link there was a lot of guys selling their UTEC in favour of the Haltech :lol:

I'm not telling everyone to go out and buy one, if you got money to burn why not. Watch this space though, I'll update my feelings and thoughts about how the car is to drive ((that is MORE important then HP figures)).

Haltech do do another piggy back solution that is FAR cheaper then this one! (1/2 price)

http://www.haltech.com/interceptor.htm

:surrender:

anyone had experience with AET turbos and ECU mapping? I am investigating options ;)

B) Come on spill the beans, what's the plan!

Latest on my haltech:

Seems to be some issue with low RPM (1000-1800 around there) might be miss-tuned, will know later during the week. Goes outta feck though :teeth:

Keep u's posted...

Im sure AET were quoting the supply of the haltech ecu at under £1000. That wouold be abit more reasonable. I reckon thats the plan....... :boxing:

:dry: don't think so.... maybe it's the cheaper version ... ?

~(will do the same as mine in a N/A relationship... but hopefully going FI :yahoo: )

you did pay in Euro's tho, maybe thats the difference, im sure when you add the cost of the tuning its probably much of a muchness.

mm true ... and that's 2007's figures so I'd say the aul £ was a good bit higher... Check out Haltech.com they are the latest figures. Sure feck it I don't "care" :D