Best wheel colour for grey gun metal 350z?

nurrish

Currently i have standard 18s and im looking to pick up some new 18s but i am undecided in what colour to get them in.....I have pretty much decieded to go for rota wheels as they are light weight...Just stuck on the colour.....Dont wanna buy what i like but turn out to look stupid against the grey gun metal...

Also would 17s look odd?? Am i right in thinking they will acheive a more comfortable ride?

Any experience welcomed :teeth:

17s would be retrograde step. Some JDMs come on them and whilst I don't want to slaq anyone's ride I suspect most owners would like to go 18" or bigger.

Colour is a matter of taste. I'd go anthracite but I've also seen a GM with black Rotas (all black, no lip) and it looked spot on.

All black or anthracite B)

+1 and as Digsy says stick with 18s :thumbs:

Got to agree on the colours here, although much prefer 19's on Zed's. They fill the arch much better and also save the need for spacers. I'm on 19" Nismos and the ride is perfect, can't tell difference from stock 18's - apart from much better grip ( wider and better tyres ).

All black or anthracite B)

+1 and as Digsy says stick with 18s :thumbs:

Got to agree on the colours here, although much prefer 19's on Zed's. They fill the arch much better and also save the need for spacers. I'm on 19" Nismos and the ride is perfect, can't tell difference from stock 18's - apart from much better grip ( wider and better tyres ).

The fact that they are 19" has no bearing on whether they need spacers or not - that's all about offset and width. An 18" with the right offset/wheel width combo will fill the arches much better than a 19" with crap offsets.

What Drewbie says about the ride is bang on though. The OEM Bridgestones have very stiff sidewalls which give a fairly unforgiving ride. When I went to 19" with Falkens the softer sidewalls cancelled out the effect of them being shallower and the ride was no worse. If you stick with an 18" wheel and a tyre with a softer sidewall you may even notice an improvement.

One word of warning though - 18" combos always look better lowered and unless you're prepared to pay for coilovers, lowering springs are likely to make the ride harsher.

Wheels are nice but id go 18s at a minimum. You can be different without having tiny wheels ;)

Yeah i agree with you there matey.....But going on weight these 17s weigh 5.1kg each!

Just imagining those 17s lowered could look quite smooth......

The last thing i want is big chunky wheels slowing me down :teeth:

Maybe i could set a new trend :p

Wheels are nice but id go 18s at a minimum. You can be different without having tiny wheels ;)

Yeah i agree with you there matey.....But going on weight these 17s weigh 5.1kg each!

Just imagining those 17s lowered could look quite smooth......

The last thing i want is big chunky wheels slowing me down :teeth:

If you buy the right wheels you wont. My 19s are lighter than what my 18s were ;)

Im not a big fan of big wheels to be honest....I wouldnt mind going smaller as its a bit different...I like different :teeth:

What you reckon on these

http://www.potn.co.uk/p1040471.htm

with a set of falkens too. Could even lower it.......

Wearing a plant pot on your head and shouting "wibble" is a bit different but you'd still look a ****.

The wheels you've chosen have completely inappropriate offsets and may not clear your brakes if you have Brembos.

If the look you're after is E-Type you're going the right way about it... :surrender:

ok ok ok enough of the 17s talk

check these out

http://www.potn.co.uk/p1040486.htm

i have brembos will these clear them??

I have looked through all the threads on the wheels section but i cant quite get my head around what i really need in terms of offset and other mumbo jumbo!!!!

All i wants is i nice set of light weight wheels that dont cost an arm and my left nut!!

check these out

I have looked through all the threads on the wheels section but i cant quite get my head around what i really need in terms of offset and other mumbo jumbo!!!!

All i wants is i nice set of light weight wheels that dont cost an arm and my left nut!!

Best way to start is to speak to phil :thumbs:

check these out

Afraid not. Your offsets need to be between about +20 and +30 and your wheels need to be wider than those. Do a search on here for Rotas and you will see some of the other guys wheels and the sizes/offsets they went for. :thumbs:

check these out

WTF!?!?!?!!?!??!?

7.5"

+40

+45

:surrender::surrender::surrender::surrender::surrender:

I've already posted on this thread once, but once more:

Rota's in GM and 19" are available for decent money ;)

Anyone that goes down in size, unless its for a day at the track, needs castrating..... :thumbs:

check these out

WTF!?!?!?!!?!??!?

7.5"

+40

+45

:surrender::surrender::surrender::surrender::surrender:

I've already posted on this thread once, but once more:

Rota's in GM and 19" are available for decent money ;)

Anyone that goes down in size, unless its for a day at the track, needs castrating..... :thumbs:

A quote taken from http://www.torquecars.com/nissan/350z-tuning.php

Nissan 350z Wheel modifications.

The benefits of alloy wheels include a lower unsprung weight and more efficient brake cooling. Large 350z alloy wheels can decrease performance. If you get big alloy wheels you will be changing your final drive ratio. Although some people have gone larger we would stick to a 17 or 18 inch rim size as the maximum on the 350's. Try to keep the overall rotational diameter the same as the standard wheels.

If your primary concern is performance not aesthetics, sack off the idea of a set of Rotas narrower than your OEM rims and get a second hand set of the the current standard fit Rays. You won't get much lighter than them in an 18.