I am now a DISQUALIFIED Driver.

Mr A

Yep, disqualified for 56 days, £200 fine, 6 points when i get my license back.

Tbh, i did deserve it. 135mph on a40 in a cayman s, then exceeding a 40mph zone doing 70mph.

All things considered, i think i got off lightly.

But miss the zed already, its just sitting there on the driveway saying "come on, mate. a few wheelspins will make you feel better".

Tbh, i did deserve it. 135mph on a40 in a cayman s, then exceeding a 40mph zone doing 70mph.

All things considered, i think i got off lightly.

Er, yes I think you did! :surrender:

He was a fair judge, asked me why i shouldnt be banned for more then a year, gave him a few very good reasons and he took it all into account.

let us know what you said in case we need to copy! :lol:

Just told him the truth, also mentioned that my wife is expecting so im always taking her to hospital appointments and stuff, judge took that into account mostly.

Also, i have a brother who is disabled, so im always taking him out and to the doctors.

So i think he realised that i had it pretty hard already and also mentioned that i sold the porsche ages ago, he asked what i bought, i told him i bought 2 family cars, a nissan & a mazda for the wife. He said "good boy, you seem to have taken your role as a family man very seriously".

He would have flipped if i told him i actually bought a 350z & rx-8.

How did they get you, if you don't mind me asking?

the 100+ mph, i got caught by traffic officers in an unmarked bmw, they sat me down and showed me the recording.

the 70mph in a 40mph zone, i got caught by a copper hiding behind a tree with a speed detection device (speed gun), when i asked the officer if he should have been hiding behind a bush and then jumping out like someone from a "police academy" movie, he started giving me the whole "im an officer, ill arrest you if i want, so shut up and do what i tell you" attitude.

'I got banned for 21 days for doing 100mph+ on the M6 on my way to the NW run'

What did you say to appease wiggy? "Sorry m'lud, I have seen the error of my ways and swapped my sports car for an 'Audi family' car" :lol:

Could of even got away with saying it was a VW :lol:

'I got banned for 21 days for doing 100mph+ on the M6 on my way to the NW run'

What did you say to appease wiggy? "Sorry m'lud, I have seen the error of my ways and swapped my sports car for an 'Audi family' car" :lol:

Could of even got away with saying it was a VW :lol:

Skoda would probably have had the desired effect ;)

always thought 100+ was an instant 12 month ban with no mitigating arguments accepted.

30mph above speed limit is general rule, but not neccessarily a ban - depends on the reasons you give as to why you need to drive. Having to drive for work usually doesn't cut it. Has to be a heart bleeder. Or if you said you needed to drive for PRO-fox hunting demonstrations, magistrates would usually let you off :lol:

always thought 100+ was an instant 12 month ban with no mitigating arguments accepted.

Got 6 points and a £550 fine for 105mph. So not always a ban, just was very contrite and had a letter from my company saying it would have a business impact if I was banned. Mind I was nice to the officer as it started to rain just before he pulled me over, and he put light to no traffic and dry conditions down.

I got 3pts and £60 for 107mph on the A12 (and that was an average over 1/4 mile!). Really decent coppers that pulled me over though, they were stern enough with me that I've learnt my lesson but not patronising and with the common sense to realise that I was doing that in perfect conditions on a straight bit of road. No excuses though, it was bloody stupid and I was an idiot back then.

I save it all for the track now.

I got 3pts and £60 for 107mph on the A12 (and that was an average over 1/4 mile!). Really decent coppers that pulled me over though, they were stern enough with me that I've learnt my lesson but not patronising and with the common sense to realise that I was doing that in perfect conditions on a straight bit of road. No excuses though, it was bloody stupid and I was an idiot back then.

I save it all for the track now.

He gave you a fixed penalty... you lucky sod! :D

I know, that's probably most of the reason I considered it to be the time to really learn my lesson. The points have expired now, but I still stick to the speed limits as it makes for a much more relaxed drive.

That doesn't mean that I don't accelerate like buggery up to the speed limit though :drive1

To be fair, it's pretty difficult to properly speed anywhere anymore. Even if you do 110mph on motorway, you only get stuck behind some loser doing 65pmh quarter of a mile later. Country roads are the only real escape :teeth:

I think we should make it clear that nobody on this forum ever does that speed on a motorway in this country, only in Germany or on private roads. :D

To be fair, it's pretty difficult to properly speed anywhere anymore. Even if you do 110mph on motorway, you only get stuck behind some loser doing 65pmh quarter of a mile later. Country roads are the only real escape :teeth:

I think we should make it clear that nobody on this forum ever does that speed on a motorway in this country, only in Germany or on private roads. :D

I did, and got banned :lol::lol:

I know, that's probably most of the reason I considered it to be the time to really learn my lesson. The points have expired now, but I still stick to the speed limits as it makes for a much more relaxed drive.

Yes it's very sobering, made me very careful where I enjoy going fast. I had a car pull right up onto my rear bumper the other day then yoyo back and forth a couple of times, I looked at the car and thought why are you being a kn*b and stayed at about 35 in the 30 zone... after about 1 mile while the car put on it's blue lights and went past :scare: wind the clock 5 years and would have been done.