Going for a test drive later.....

Yeah woooo finally going to get to drive a Zed!!!

Its an 05 Gun metal UK GT pack with just 5k on the clock!!

Just a question of what to put it through on a test drive?? Obviously im not gonna reach high speeds without the sales man crapping his pants!!! Just looking for some pointers from experienced test drivers :teeth:

Kick the salesman out and go on your own. :teeth:

When I bought my first ZED I was handed the keys and told to enjoy myself :D An hour later I was sold and the car was bought :)

To be fair the garage (non Nissan) have known me for a long time and I have since bought my second one from them (new 06 model at a price better than the Nissan stealers could offer) so it has been a good mutual arrangement :thumbs:

Kick the salesman out and go on your own. :teeth:

When I bought my first ZED I was handed the keys and told to enjoy myself :D An hour later I was sold and the car was bought :)

To be fair the garage (non Nissan) have known me for a long time and I have since bought my second one from them (new 06 model at a price better than the Nissan stealers could offer) so it has been a good mutual arrangement :thumbs:

Think two years for a test drive may have been pushing it though Colin ;)

In this weather i wouldn't be to hasty on giving it the full beans :scare: cause it bites :thumbs:

glorious sunshine down here mike :thumbs:

Not stopped raing here for days :rant::angry:

Tend to leave the z in bed when its wet unless its really necessary.

in work at the mo in oxford, its been chronic the last few days but is going sunny now, hopefully its a sign the weekend will be nice, home tomorrow :yahoo:

Just looking for some pointers from experienced test drivers :teeth:

As below.

Listen out for any odd clicks or creaks and have fun! :teeth:

Definitely plus 1!!

Also look for notchiness in the gearbox/transmission, clutch, any unusual wear on the interior, heavy gravel rash/scraping on the Z's underside, make sure the windows are working properly (ie they should go down about 1cm on opening and closing, then go back up to close), if electric seats make sure they're ok, seen a few that are defunct, make sure they have correct sizing of wheels (so you don't have any traction control/vdc issues), plus all the normal car hunting things. Can think of more, that's a start though.

Most of all take it for a good distance, on twisty road if you can, you'll soon notice if there are any handling issues, or anything else.

Edit -didn't see this til too late. :blush:

Brought it!

CongratZ!! :D