A Very Bad Morning. - Fixed!

AK350Z

190 miles in, and my gate post has bitten, it was just waiting to do it you know...

:scare:

That'll t-cut out!

Image024.jpg

So straight on the phone to the best local body shop, and its booked in for next friday :( Bit of a wait, as one of their guys is on holiday.

Anyway, for the hell of it, i broke out the autoglym just to see what would happen:

Image025.jpg

Its hardly gonna put the paint back on, but it looks a wee bit better. Sort of.

The worst part is you've only got yourself (and that f*ing narrow gate) to blame. Hopefully one mistake i'll learn from!

I did the same thing to a car i had a few years ago! but i side swiped a wall that i parked next to for about 2 years so its not exactly like i didnt know it was there! :headhurt:

Best thing to do is not beat yourself up about it (although i did) it could have been much worse mate.

Could have been a lot worse, its only little. Shes ok, nothing to lose sleep over.

WHAAAAAT!?!?! That car's a gonner! Sell me those brembos, eh? I'll tell you what, I'll even have the wheels, too. Can't say fairer than that.

:p Thanks for all your support at this difficult time!

The gate posts aren't that easy to lose really, big sandstone mofo's:

Img_2218.jpg

Dont worry. You arent the first to do it, and you wont be the last.

Ive driven into my own house with the previous Z, the missus has scraped it with this one (same place as yours), and I even managed to stick the rear arch of my Altea into the garage pillar one day :lol:

I'll be happy as long as its all perfect again for the Scotland trip, can't be having less than perfect skin for the photos!

Its just a shame i'll be picking it up after the bank holiday, only to go straight back down to Kent :(

I'll be happy as long as its all perfect again for the Scotland trip, can't be having less than perfect skin for the photos!

Its just a shame i'll be picking it up after the bank holiday, only to go straight back down to Kent :(

When are you back up bud, I have a long leave coming up, cant wait to see it. B)

Did almost the very same thing with my gate post a few weeks ago, a bit worse in fact and it bent the bumper a bit where it meets the wheel arch.

I am in Kent at the moment as well (Canterbury) and I got a very good local Chipsaway guy to do it (used to work in the Bentley paint shop), if you would like the details. £140 which wasn't too bad I thought as he did a top notch job, good as new.

The secret apparantly to getting a good Chipsaway guy rather than one of the cowboys is to ask their head office which guys use a 2 pack system rather than 1 pack, as per this thread:

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?f=23&h=&t=270129

If ur gonna get it sprayed go sparingly with with the polishes, I know alot of bodyshops ask you dont polish cars prior to having work done as its much more effort to get a spot on finish -

The above might be wrong but I have heard it from a number of bodyshops

If ur gonna get it sprayed go sparingly with with the polishes, I know alot of bodyshops ask you dont polish cars prior to having work done as its much more effort to get a spot on finish -

The above might be wrong but I have heard it from a number of bodyshops

its no hassle for a bodyshop to remove the polish, takes minutes mate :thumbs: