Nearly got a 2005 GT4.it needed to much love(update.GUTTED!)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good thing is my uncle works at a body shop so i just need to source the parts and he'll do the rest!!

i like a good challange!!!

Oooooooo its all so exciting :yahoo:

Welcome and you've got a fantastic attitude towards this project!!! ;) You're going to have your work cut out for you. Please keep us up to date, this one is going to be really interesting to watch the progress, if it's a go. :) Such a gorgeous colour. I'm with the others, you may as well respray the whole lot, so you don't end up with mismatched panels, that would just take away from all the effort that'll go into this one.

Based on the pics I'd walk away from this car as a repairable. Maybe you can get the parts cheap. And by cheap I mean real cheap. I can see already that you'll need, front bumper, skirts, fenders, passenger head lamp, right rear lamp unit, drivers door, drivers side wing mirror and drivers side washer bottle. Probable damage includes under trays, drivers side head lamp, front wheels (possibly), passenger side washer bottle, radiator, the small oil cooling radiator (think that's what it is or is it for the AC?), suspension, various mounts and air bags which cost a small fortune.

What's wrong with the rear license plate?

Also worth checking:

The steering column is designed to compress during frontal impacts.

Hood is built to buckle at predetermined points.

The engine is designed to drop down and away from the passenger compartment in frontal impacts.

The driveshaft is designed to collapse.

They all apply to the MY07 but are likely to apply to previous models.

Based on the pics I'd walk away from this car as a repairable. Maybe you can get the parts cheap. And by cheap I mean real cheap. I can see already that you'll need, front bumper, skirts, fenders, passenger head lamp, right rear lamp unit, drivers door, drivers side wing mirror and drivers side washer bottle. Probable damage includes under trays, drivers side head lamp, front wheels (possibly), passenger side washer bottle, radiator, the small oil cooling radiator (think that's what it is or is it for the AC?), suspension, various mounts and air bags which cost a small fortune.

What's wrong with the rear license plate?

Also worth checking:

The steering column is designed to compress during frontal impacts.

Hood is built to buckle at predetermined points.

The engine is designed to drop down and away from the passenger compartment in frontal impacts.

The driveshaft is designed to collapse.

They all apply to the MY07 but are likely to apply to previous models.

Thanks for your comments. I will be getting a full write up of what the damages are and the repair costs.

I have been told mechanically it is fine and is very drivable....but i will know for sure tomorrow night.

thanks for your help buddy :thumbs:

well that was a shame! Was an absolute beauty!but seller wasn't that truthful. There was quite abit of engine damage with leaks here and there. Also apart of the engine was cracked! Quite a bit more than what was advertised on his advert on autotrader!

O well so very close to zed ownership!

Until next time.......u lucky zed owning bastards!!:rant:

What part of the engine was cracked? Sounds like a very expensive repair :scare:

I wonder how many are still surviving out of the original 76 Ultra yellows?

It looked like the air con tank but not too sure....either way it would of needed a raditor, coolant tank and alot more than what i was led to beleive... :headhurt:

The thing that killed me, the interior was spotless just like it had just rolled out of the show room!!!!

Atleast now ive sat in a Z and realise it is the only car for me!!! My Citroen C2 can suck my ass!!!!!!!

What part of the engine was cracked? Sounds like a very expensive repair :scare:

It looked like the air con tank but not too sure....either way it would of needed a raditor, coolant tank and alot more than what i was led to beleive... :headhurt:

The thing that killed me, the interior was spotless just like it had just rolled out of the show room!!!!

Atleast now ive sat in a Z and realise it is the only car for me!!! My Citroen C2 can suck my ass!!!!!!!

Trouble is that if you want a yellow zed, your probably going have to pay a lot more. :blush:

Trouble is that if you want a yellow zed, your probably going have to pay a lot more. :blush:

Yeah i know that is the problem!! cheapest one around is about 18K!!

Or maybe like someone said by a cheaper one and do a spray job on it. But i dont want a JDM thats what ive decieded and its hard to find uk models with low milage for anythink less than 14k.....

Looks like ill be in a waiting game for another opportunity to crop up. But i know the yellow GT4 is unlikely to crop up again!!! unless you fancy writing ures off :teeth: but please dont tw*t something head on :teeth:

Or maybe like someone said by a cheaper one and do a spray job on it. But i dont want a JDM thats what ive decieded and its hard to find uk models with low milage for anythink less than 14k.....

Looks like ill be in a waiting game for another opportunity to crop up. But i know the yellow GT4 is unlikely to crop up again!!! unless you fancy writing ures off :teeth: but please dont tw*t something head on :teeth:

Here is a pic to tied you over :teeth::lol:

DSC_0013-1.jpg

Here is a pic to tied you over :teeth::lol:

DSC_0013-1.jpg

OUCH!!!!! Talk about rubbing salt into my wounds!!!!!! :rant: