Xbox 360 Elite or PS3??

Beavis

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So just to clarify, the xbox does not play blue ray. Is that right???

I don't play any of the games specific to the xbox where as I do play GT and wanted blue ray so it wasn't a difficult choice for me.

I did try COD on the xbox but I wanted to stamp on it after 30 secs. In the past I've always play 1st person games on a PC with a mouse and keyboard. Having to use a controller drove me insane. Does your son play games like that on the PC?

HD DVD is officially dead. Was announced back in Feb I think.

The 40GB PS3 doesn't have a card reader and the 60GB has been discontinued.

As far as I know both have hard drives that can be swapped for larger ones.

I use media server on my laptop a lot through the PS3. Download tv shows from the US as I'm too impatient to wait for them to be released here.

With a present like this I think you need to have a chat with your son.

Yeah but MGS4 and GT5 have only come out in the last month or so. It will take 12 months or so before we see a continuous stream of great games for the PS3............:)

Sarnie the Xbox 360 has been out for 2 and a half years now and has never had a 'continuous stream of great games' :teeth:

each and every console ever made as it's good and bad games, i buy a console purely on the types of games it plays, hence why i have xbox360 :)

where i work there must be 10 xbox 360 owners and NOT A SINGLE PS3 owner that must tell you something about the strength of the xbox 360 brand :)

cod4 was way too short imo , i was well disappointed after the hype :surrender:

...i completed single player the weekend i got it, but since then have spanked the online multiplayer non-stop.

I play this non stop on line too :thumbs: Gamertag xburlyx :thumbs:

I have all three (being an IT geek :( )

Most recently a PS3 from a friend who needed some cash (what a deal that was :) ) anyway,

right now I'd say xbox 360, the PS3 is more powerful and I enjoy watching the bluray movies through it, but for gaming, it has to be the 360, might be different in another year (at least) but right now even with the new 2.40 firmware the ps3 cant compete.

I play destruction derby 1 on my ps3 (a ps1 game) and occasionally gt5 prologue,

360's best game is forza2 but Rainbow 6 Vegas is excellent as was COD4, and a list as long as both my arms, also i bet most of his m8's have the 360 not the ps3.

• 2 weeks later...
Just got an elite, looks amazing on the Panasonic plasma in 1080p :yahoo:B)

Now if only i can kick Ryan off it. :dry::lol:

nice one, perhaps we can meet up once you've sent him to bed

Steady on Mike :surrender:

I will have to get it set up on the next day or two :thumbs:

on live just in case you were wondering

Yes i know ;):lol:

Going to see if i can run an ethernet cable in from it to my router, i have my own crimping tool so i can make my own cables up, bit cheaper than the £60 for the wireless device :surrender:

Going to see if i can run an ethernet cable in from it to my router, i have my own crimping tool so i can make my own cables up, bit cheaper than the £60 for the wireless device :surrender:

Don't forget to add me to your friends list...xBurlyx :teeth:

:thumbs: Will do Mike

:thumbs: Will do Mike

Oh and then buy call of duty 4 :thumbs: What a game :D

I don't mind it, it's better than PGR4

Didn't enjoy that much either. I'm a GT fan.

In my opinion GT was great until Gt4.. just hasn't taken the "next step" that games like Forza have. Play Forza 2.. trust me, its the best racing sim by far!