Engine Cover paint

Lexx

Ive done a search on here, and cant really find anythign conclusive.

And have also spent an hour on google, but nothing really useful cropped up.

Basically, Im looking at spraying up the engine cover.

Trying to find a high temp paint, but only ones I can find , they dont do in a good selection of colours. Plati-kote do a high temp automotive paint, but they dont sell it in the UK. And their other products are rated to a max temp of 150C.

What paints would you reccomend? Has anyone done this? Ideally I want to use spray cans, as I wanna do it myself without having to get a bodyshop to do it.

Would the touch up sprays (like the kind you get in halfrauds) for body work be ok? As that gives me a massive range of colours to play with.

Cheers

Al

Looking for blue and white

EDIT: found some, but will have to order online and get delivered. Annoying as wanted to just pick some up from somewhere today! - Im impatient.

Ah, I must have missed that bit int he thread!

Cool, off to halfrauds for primer and god alone knows what colours!!

No need for High temp paint on either the engine cover or plenum.

Saw your eyes light up when I suggested to Ho to paint the cover :lol:

Actually Phil that would be a good service for you. Exchange basis colour coded engine covers and battery and brake covers.

low set up costs and you have a painter close by.......

That would be a nice service.

Actually Phil that would be a good service for you. Exchange basis colour coded engine covers and battery and brake covers.

we have dropped an engine cover into the painshop today to see how it turns out :thumbs:

we have dropped an engine cover into the painshop today to see how it turns out :thumbs:

:thumbs::thumbs:

I have some good ideas!

Let me knwo how it turns out :thumbs: (Its not Ho's is it!?!?!)

I know what I wanna do, and have just been to halfrauds to get the paint made up. But guess what - the have no white in stock to make the QX1, and dont have the correct blue in stock to make the Azure.

Guess I'll wait a little longer then!

Let me knwo how it turns out :thumbs: (Its not Ho's is it!?!?!)

No not Ho's just one of the old covers.

If you want yours done we can do it at cost so people can see the new shape one as well, will take 2/3 days though.

I know what I wanna do, and have just been to halfrauds to get the paint made up. But guess what - the have no white in stock to make the QX1, and dont have the correct blue in stock to make the Azure.

Guess I'll wait a little longer then!