Kangarooing/juddering at low speeds

paulroberts

Hi guys,

Had my Z about 6 weeks now, still loving it, especially when the sun's out and I can get the ragtop down, but on a few trips down the A303 recently and getting stuck in jams, I've noticed a problem when crawling along in 1st gear.

If I just let the car creep forward on idle everything's fine, but then when I squeeze the accelerator to speed up slightly, the car lurches and bunny-hops like I'm learning to drive. It's really embarrasing! If I put my foot down harder I can drive through it but then I have to slam on the brakes so I don't hit the geezer in front. I just want to be able to gently add a little speed and take it off again without braking, mainly when in a jam.

It almost feels like there's a load of play in the transmission.

I don't know whether it's a specific problem with my car or something more general - I noticed in this post someone complaining about the same thing, so does anyone else suffer from this?

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6187&highlight=juddering

Cheers,

Paul

The Z really hates going slow. Keeping it at 30 is near impossible. She's just not comfortable with it. At 35 she's fine. Check the filter but you'll probably find you need to give it a little more revs. Crawling in traffic is just something that takes a little practice.

I think its mainly dead play in the throttle response (i.e. the software in the ECU that controls throttle). You get a bit of play where nothing happens, then it wants to be off - albeit quicker than you want. I just give up and feather the clutch a little usually. Your right foot will get used to it, many times in M4 traffic jams has trained mine. You get maybe 1cm of play then it kicks in quick, its learning where that is that is key. Can also be slightly eased with a grounding kit.

Never had a problem - always been able to crawl in traffic like any other car i've owned (none of which were anything like as powerful as a Zed) My biggest problem at times is just getting the right bite on the clutch when pulling away - afraid I will stall so sometimes give it to much before dropping the clutch. :scare::doh::doh:

mileage = 1100

petrol = v-power

Car is practically brand new so can't believe it's a fault. Also I'm not touching the clutch when this happens so can't believe it's that either.

Has it done this from new? The older cars used to benefit from a grounding kit but not sure if it would help on a MY07 :blush:

My G used to do what your describing but that was because I decatted it and it needed remapping.....

As above, I have a problem with juddering and jerking on the MY07 clutch and mines not yet received a recall. The problem may be as suggested with the throttle but I was able to balance it and smooth it out with the clutch in the old Zed. No chance in this one - makes you look like a **** when you're kangarooing in traffic... :blush:

As above, I have a problem with juddering and jerking on the MY07 clutch and mines not yet received a recall. The problem may be as suggested with the throttle but I was able to balance it and smooth it out with the clutch in the old Zed. No chance in this one - makes you look like a **** when you're kangarooing in traffic... :blush:

Some help here for you Digsy :thumbs:

:bleh:

:bleh:

:lol::lol:

Oh well, at least it's not just me then. :blush:

I used to kangaroo at low speeds when pulling off. Hill starts were a pain in the arse. I figured out that it used to do it most when I had the aircon on so I guessed it was electrically linked.

I've just fitted my optronics grounding kit from Spill over at **REMOVED** forum.

Its made a big difference to my clutch at low revs and low gears. Made everything a hell of a lot smoother.

Idle at cold start is rock solid too.

Try one £62.50 from spill or you can find them on ebay for around 40squid