Track day with tuition. Silverstone 12th Tuesday August

martinmac

As we all should accept, driving the zed can be a challenge and having reached a certain stage of competence its ofthen difficult to take it safely to the next stage.

Many do track days and those who are lucky enough to get some tuition and are amazed at what they were doing wrong or missing.

I was lucky enough to visit Donny with Sinbad and Ricky recently, it was great to watch and as ever very nice to meet people.

We were lucky enough to meet a great guy called Clive who is very experienced, he took Ricky out in his Zed and the results were spectacular.

At the time we briefly discussed a track tuition day for members but up to now have taken it no further.

So.. I cannot give specific dates, timings or costs for a tuition day. They need not be at Donny although this is central.

Before approaching Clive I would like to guage interest or otherwise in this.

Just to give you an idea what he has achieved.

http://www.alfaracer.com/Avon/index.html

Other driver tuition is available and it may be the case that a series of days is organised over the year.

Martin :D

Input please :thumbs:

Just a quick update. Clive has just got back to me and is working on a few suggestions. He will be back to me in a couple of days with more details.

This is well worth attending. With enough interest we can make it forum specific which would be a great event.

Thanks for your interest. :D

Will do Ian, as ever prices will probably depend on attendance which has to be balanced against alocation of his time to each driver but will get something up as a guide.

Will also ask Rickya to post up a few words on his thoughts on this as he has had Clive take him out on the track at Donny.

After discussion with Clive this is where we are. The bad news is there arent any suitable Donny track days available in the near future. :wacko:

The good news is that Clive has managed to get us an evening session at Silverstone :yahoo::yahoo:

This will hopefully be the first of many, its on Tuesday 12th Augus or Wednesday 27th August starting at 5pm. I will confirm this by the end of the day.

Its an open pit evening so unlimited track time on the Silverstone Gold Track.

http://www.goldtrack.co.uk/

Anyone interested should get booked up direct with Silverstone soon. When booking mention the 350z-uk session with Clive Hodgkin.

The track session will be £139 and should be booked direct online or via their phone line.

This event will happen as I have covered any expenses.

It is not 350z specific so members with other cars are very welcome.

Clive is available on 01572 823514 and is happy to answer any questions and help out where possible.

The cost of tuition with depends on numbers but should be in the order of about £40.

Clive expects that the most cars he can handle for tuition is 10 but it is fine to book reack time without tuition so the first ten to post up as having booked the track time will get preferance.

One caveat, Clive will drive roadsters on the track but not be driven in them, think he has seen me drive :blush:

This is a great chance to drive Silverstone, get some great tuition and meet a few owners. Your support is appreciated.

:teeth:

Thats the plan bud, Clive has just called and he will confirm 12th or 27th August by the end of the day, he is in the racing season so is pretty busy.

You book the track time with Silverstone and pay for the tuition on the evening.

Open pit means no time limits on the track, the only change to this would be if it got very busy so they may have to limit it, cant see that happening though.

Its on the gold track bud. Check out the links, as I have said I will post up the confirmed date later today, just waiting to hear back from Clive.

For anyone who is unsure about wether to track come along anyway and have a look, meet a few other owners and get the fell for the event. :D