Had a recall letter from NISSAN today

stanski

1. Clutch operation : potentially slave cylinder may leak! :angry:

2. Body Control Module - on cars with Nissan anti theft alarms (so that will be all of them then!!) - software bug in control program can cause alarm to operate incorrectly! :wacko:

Thought I would let you know....

Like I said when I got my Zed I wish it was built by Toyota or Mazda - far better quality control!

Oh well more days off work I cant afford to take! :dry:

Could be just the '07 313bhp model or it could be a chassis number range where they had the equivalent to Chavs in Japan fitting those parts - I think mine is an early '07 model so could be that, I dunno anyway its free but I dont want them to mess with the alarm as its ace does'nt go off if a fly farts as it buzzes past - like some reports I've read on this forum! :lol:

Stanski, was the letter signed by a Nigerian prince with cash-flow problems? "You have a faulty alarm, bring you car to dock 3, merseyside wharf and leave it in container A

:lol::lol: signed: Aad van Dijk Director - Aftersales & Quality division

NMGB

Maybe its just ragtops or worse just mine! Its got to be off Chassis numbers has'nt it??? :surrender:

Stam.

I had to get mine serviced before I px'd and I asked about the recall (someone on here had mentioned it). He double checked and from what he said it's for the 07 313's only.

The dealer told me to give em a bit of notice for the parts but they would require the car for an entire day :rant:

My June 07 has had this work done. Be aware, they need to drop the gearbox to change the slave cylinder. They needed the car for two days... something they usefully forgot to mention until they had the car in their workshop.

The clutch feels much better afterwards though. Slightly firmer with better feel.

Hi KJS :welcome: to the forum - thanks for that info :D

- Great so thats 2 days without my Zed longest we will have been apart !! :cry:

Wonder if its really been subcontracted to Alfa Romeo or something it seems to live its life in the Dealer network at the moment! :angry:

BTW is yours a roadster or coupe KJS?? :)

It is a Night Blue GT Coupe, so far without the swirly paint finish which is probably due to my reluctance to polish it. Wax it wet is good stuff.

To be fair to the dealer they also had the P1 service and front pads to do... Oh and the little matter of £390 to charge me!

I thought a 350Z would be cheaper to service than my pervious car - an E46 M3 - but it look like I was mistaken.

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::D:D yeah a fellow Night Blue owner - so your THE OTHER one then? Yippee!!! :thumbs:

Only reason mine is swirly is that its a former demo - if I had it from new it would'nt be swirly at all - not bothered now its there to be enjoyed not stressed over with .... just enjoy it and dont worry

First service and front pads already???? Is it yours from new or ex demo??

That sounds a bit steep ? Its £212 for my P1 and about £230 I think for the next one in a few weeks time?? BTW - front pads from Brakes International £20 set, rear £18 per set - figure that one then!

:dry:

Not biased in anyway but stick with the Zed - and talk about rare Night Blue -just dont do a bank job will you or leave some illicit club in the early hours - it will be easy to spot you - ha ha ha :lol: Mind you they will think its black anyway ;)

I am not sure why Night Blue is so rare. It looks the dogs danglies. The car was bought new... not pristine though as some numpty had whacked something into one of it's doors which was only noticed (by me) when I went to pick it up. Those dent guys are brilliant though, you could not tell there had ever been two dents there.

I might have to do a bank job if I get stung for another service bill like that! You are correct though, next time I will probably change the pads myself. It has only done about 7000 miles (they did say the pads had a couple of thousand miles to go) so I must have a heavy breaking foot and I do not fancy paying main dealer prices too often.

Do you find your clutch a little bit juddery at the bite point? If you do this will go with the new slave cylinder. It gives a slightly firmer clutch peddle and is a real improvement.

I am not sure why Night Blue is so rare. It looks the dogs danglies. The car was bought new... not pristine though as some numpty had whacked something into one of it's doors which was only noticed (by me) when I went to pick it up. Those dent guys are brilliant though, you could not tell there had ever been two dents there.

I might have to do a bank job if I get stung for another service bill like that! You are correct though, next time I will probably change the pads myself. It has only done about 7000 miles (they did say the pads had a couple of thousand miles to go) so I must have a heavy breaking foot and I do not fancy paying main dealer prices too often.

Do you find your clutch a little bit juddery at the bite point? If you do this will go with the new slave cylinder. It gives a slightly firmer clutch peddle and is a real improvement.

I agree without upsetting the rest of the Zedheads - I think its the best colour - as the chrome bits and wheels get shown off really well! Cant beat the pearl shimmer on the wing mirror when the sun hits it or under flourescent light on a petrol forecourt (damn I am a geek!)

You know its odd that your pads are down - mine were 80% worn (see ealier post) and got dealer to change them? Wonder now if they have changed compound on the pads? Mine had 7.5K miles on it when I got it?? Damn things cover the Rays soon as you touch the pedal - common problem on here I understand - anyway glad you got a Night Blue and look forward to meeting you at one of the shows - we can park them up side by side - safety in numbers and all that :lol:

Oh yes my clutch is a bit juddery - its a bit embarressing setting off at lights I even stalled it once - felt a right muppet - hmmm maybe it was fitted wrong in the factory Mr Yoshimoto having an off day maybe - or those cheap slave cylinders they got from a Renault !! :headhurt:

One last thing then? Are your tyres ok? I mean especially the fronts - worn or still some meat on - mine are aout 3mm but not for long :surrender:

Dont get Bridgestones when it comes time to change get Toyos or Falcons they are better although I still hav'nt needed to change mine? :)

All four of my tyres are worn more on the inside edges, all down to about 4mm. The rest of the tyre is fine. I have had the four corner alignment checked and adjusted so hopefully this will sort out any problem.

I was born in Scotland but now live in Hertfordshire. It was not me, so there must be more Night Blue's about than we thought.

I will be up in Scotland late July... if you see a Night Blue 350Z with a saltire badge on the back then that could be me.