HDR Tests

VgSlag

High dynamic range means you have a broad range of detail from high and low colors. My terminology may be a bit off but roughly the way it works is you take N pictures - here I used 3 - with different shutter speeds. With the fast shutter speed photo you only let a fraction of light through... That gives you details in your clouds.

I then took a regular photo and then took a slow shutter speed photo... This gives you detail in your shadows.

You can then use PhotoShop or Photomatix (I think it's called that) to blend all that detail in to just one photo giving you these very detailed unusual photos. If you google them you'll find some tutorials.

High dynamic range means you have a broad range of detail from high and low colors. My terminology may be a bit off but roughly the way it works is you take N pictures - here I used 3 - with different shutter speeds. With the fast shutter speed photo you only let a fraction of light through... That gives you details in your clouds.

I then took a regular photo and then took a slow shutter speed photo... This gives you detail in your shadows.

You can then use PhotoShop or Photomatix (I think it's called that) to blend all that detail in to just one photo giving you these very detailed unusual photos. If you google them you'll find some tutorials.

Thanks for that - in the old days we used to call that bracket exposures - you could choose the best negative to print from your contact sheet. The difference now is the ability to combine the exposures to achieve these brilliant effects.

Oh, by the way, you need a stubby. :thumbs:

• 2 months later...