Glasgow Meet - Sunday 29th June

Right folks - just to confirm the plan for Sunday 29th June...

Meeting up at 1pm at the Showcase Cinemas (G69 7TZ for those who want to fire it in the Sat Nav) for a chat and some pics, then once we're all there we'll head off for a drive along the roads outlined in Garry's previous post:

1 - Motorway blast 30mins down M74, Showcase Cinema to Abington

2 - Abington to Sanquhar, 20-30 mins picturesque twisties including quick picture stops half way

3 - Sanquhar - quick stop to regroup/chat/eat/etc as required

4 - Sanquhar to Happendon, 20-30 mins drive through more twisites

5 - Return motorway blast from Happendon back to Showcase Cinema 20 mins

Garry's huge URL shows the route on Multimap

http://www.multimap.com/directions/?qs_1=colinslee+crescent%2C+glasgow&countryCode_1=GB&qs_2=Abington%2C+South+Lanarkshire%2C+Biggar%2C+Lanarkshire%2C+Scotland%2C+ML12+6&displayName_2=Abington%2C+South+Lanarkshire%2C+Biggar%2C+Lanarkshire%2C+Scotland%2C+ML12+6&lat_2=55.49204&lon_2=-3.69229&countryCode_2=GB&qs_3=sanquhar&countryCode_3=GB&qs_4=happendon%2C+scotland&countryCode_4=GB&qs_5=colinslee+crescent%2C+glasgow&countryCode_5=GB&mode=driving&optimizeFor=quickest&mapData=858#map=55.5392,-3.61286|10|4

Looking forward to seeing you all there, it should be a good day (keep your fingers crossed for good weather) teeth

If you need any further info or have any questions just drop me a PM.

Stick your name on the list if interested:

1. Cool Hand Luke

2. Jay

3. Garry

4. AR Photographs

5. Jim

6. ZMANALEX (provisional)

7. Lexx (if around/sober)

8. Chris (JDM Performance)

9. Stanski

10. GaryStewart8115

11. P15UL T (provisional)

12. tamtech

13. Rmmackfc (provisional)

14. MartinGT

15. ab350z

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds good!

add me to the list.

I know of some cracking driving roads 30 mins down the m74 we could tackle!

showcase cinema on m8 a good meeting place as near where m8 m74 m73 and m80 meet. got a mcd's too!

Great idea CHL :yahoo:

Be good to see you again Garry...engine still holding together ?

Where is Paul ? he should be up for this!!!!

Count me in providing my car is back, so put me down as a provisional at the moment.

Garry - what roads did you have in mind? I had thought of heading down Clydeside way, somewhere down that direction. Showcase cinema is a good shout for a meeting place too.

Hope you're going to flyer those other 3 Zeds you keep seeing at the gym :teeth:

Thanks for the PM Luke.

I'll pass this time as at the end of that week I'm off on holiday with the car for 2,000 miles. It will be my last day off before leaving so will need the time to get the car prepared.

Maybe next time :)

Alex - I'm not sure we've met before but the engine's fine thanks :)

working on a route guys - how long do we want to drive for and do we want a wee break for a bite to eat?

Honestly - the roads I'm thinking of are fabulous - cut into the hills, twisties, and great spots for photographs. All only 30 mins south of Glasgow too... will post some maps and directions to get your opionions!

okay - how's about this route, assuming we meet at the showcase...

1 - motorway blast 30mins down m74, showcase cinema to abington

2 - abington to sanquhar, 20-30 mins picturesque twisties including quick picture stops half way

3 - sanquhar get a beer and a burger if desired in local hotel (an hour or so?)

4 - sanquhar to happendon, 20-30 mins drive through more twisites

5 - return motorway blast from happendon back to showcase cinema 20 mins

All in all about 100miles and a 3 hour trip including stops - travelling within the national speed limit of course :) Could then go somewhere in or around Glasgow if desired...

For some reason the hyperlink thingy won't work with this humungous url so paste this into your browser for the route in multimap.

http://www.multimap.com/directions/?qs_1=colinslee+crescent%2C+glasgow&countryCode_1=GB&qs_2=Abington%2C+South+Lanarkshire%2C+Biggar%2C+Lanarkshire%2C+Scotland%2C+ML12+6&displayName_2=Abington%2C+South+Lanarkshire%2C+Biggar%2C+Lanarkshire%2C+Scotland%2C+ML12+6&lat_2=55.49204&lon_2=-3.69229&countryCode_2=GB&qs_3=sanquhar&countryCode_3=GB&qs_4=happendon%2C+scotland&countryCode_4=GB&qs_5=colinslee+crescent%2C+glasgow&countryCode_5=GB&mode=driving&optimizeFor=quickest&mapData=858#map=55.5392,-3.61286|10|4

I can assure you that steps 2,3 & 4 are a great drive but does anyone think it's too far?

Sorry mate,

Wrong Garry. :doh:

Gary Stewart was who the comment was directed at.

Cheers,

Alex.

Alex - I'm not sure we've met before but the engine's fine thanks :)

Derek - no probs - sounds like a good wee trip ahead of you in the Zed, where are you off to?

Garry - Roads sound good - thinking we could maybe chop off one of the motorway trips though in favour of clyde valley winding roads? Intersted to get other peoples opinions on road routes.

Lexx - That's be good if you could make it, i'll put you down on the list as a provisional and you can let us know nearer the time.

okay - how's about this route, assuming we meet at the showcase...

1 - motorway blast 30mins down m74, showcase cinema to abington

2 - abington to sanquhar, 20-30 mins picturesque twisties including quick picture stops half way

3 - sanquhar get a beer and a burger if desired in local hotel (an hour or so?)

4 - sanquhar to happendon, 20-30 mins drive through more twisites

5 - return motorway blast from happendon back to showcase cinema 20 mins

All in all about 100miles and a 3 hour trip including stops - travelling within the national speed limit of course :) Could then go somewhere in or around Glasgow if desired...

For some reason the hyperlink thingy won't work with this humungous url so paste this into your browser for the route in multimap.

I can assure you that steps 2,3 & 4 are a great drive but does anyone think it's too far?

That's a really good route - I know most of the roads and can confirm that some fun can be had (within the legal limits of course).

Luke - I know the Clyde Valley tourist route is an interesting road but the surface is a bit rough in places and we could get badly held up if there's the usual Sunday traffic going to all the garden centres!

Hey guys thansk for posting this Luke! The route looks great and will be good 2 meet you all! So a wee drive, burger and beer with some banter what more could a guy ask for? Well obv a hot lady sprawled over the bonnet is always gd :teeth: C'mon the rest of you get your names down and lets make this meet a gd one!

Show those BOYS south of the border how its done :teeth:

Hey guys thansk for posting this Luke! The route looks great and will be good 2 meet you all! So a wee drive, burger and beer with some banter what more could a guy ask for? Well obv a hot lady sprawled over the bonnet is always gd :teeth: C'mon the rest of you get your names down and lets make this meet a gd one!

Show those BOYS south of the border how its done :teeth:

No probs Jay - just hoping we get good weather and a good drive out. If you can think of anyone else that might be interested feel free to give them a shout. Hope you're enjoying Barbados :teeth:

Erm Gentlemen if I may so bold - ahem! :bangin:

See link

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic ... sc&start=0

Also where are your names on this meet eh ??? come on chaps? Stew will pop round and duff ya up otherwise? :lol:

29th June is a possible but its a wee trek for a one dayer for us poor southern folk (Never thought I would say I was from the South!) :doh: Damn it I even dont mind Londoners! Yikes I must be softening in my old age. :scare:

well if weathers pish, or bikes in getting its service, i'll still be along

*Oi jay, gimme a lift will ya??*

(i'm not taking my vw poloshito, its not been cleaned since december when i bought it!

hehe

If i have an empty passengers seat you're welcome to tag along with me (as long as you do a good job with the pics the previous week) :teeth::teeth: