Upgrade wheels and brakes for FI? (Martin W)

Sarnie

Are you keeping the RAYS and Brembo's or upgrading them too?

Thats where I need advice, Its obvious they need upgrading. But i'm only just beginning to learn about offsets and all.

So i'm planning to drive with a big cotton wool pad under my right foot until I decide what to do.

Lomoto's black Ruff's 19" looked pretty good, and Ive been talking to a guy on ebay (DPMOTORS) about 19" sharks.

Any idea what the RAYS are worth ? The tyres have all just been replaced and have less than 1000 miles of wear. :)

Hi Martin..thx for the photos!

Apart from exhuast and twin turbo..are u keeping internals same? if so i assume max output will be 390hp.. then may not need to upgrade much.. obviously take the Z out for comprehensive test drive and check see if the brakes hold well and if the tyres can tolerate power when u floor it before deciding anything.

But anything u do buy (especially expensive tech stuff)... better to get it from Phil in UK, it saves a lot of hassle, next day delivery and he offers top customer service and advice. I think he also makes a donation to the 350z-uk site with every order we make. :thumbs:

I'm keeping the boost pegged to 380.

I don't see the benefit of going forged iinternals on a road car, when all i want to be able to do is show a few local Audi 3.2 TT's :boxing: where they belong in the grand scheme of things :lol:

So yes would prefer not to have to do the brakes, but from a cosmetic point of view, I do quite like the flush look some of the piccies i see when u fit wheels like the MRR GT1 (or Ruff's or Sharks) in black with machined lips.( Is the term 'staggered'). Anyone there who can tell me what I need to ask if I want Wider, say 9.5 or 10 inch on the rear, and i want them flush with the arches, and I want clearance for the brembos. (Assuming they prove to be up to the job).

When a wheel at the rear is wider than at the front it's staggered. There are loads of wheels which clear brembos.

I have 8.5s on the front and 10s on the rear (can't remember the offset but I'm sure that most who have seen my car would agree that the wheels fill the arches.

Any good supplier will be able to get exactly what you want wheel wise.

And in answer to your wheel question, 9.5 at the front and 10.5 at the back is good with an offset of +22 is what your looking for to keep them flush.

Where you based in Surrey?

J3/M3

is there somewhere on this forum where Offsets are explained. I like pictures best

( even of wheels) :lol:

when peeps upgrade Brembo discs and pads - is there a generally accepted best choice?

Guest prescience
And in answer to your wheel question, 9.5 at the front and 10.5 at the back is good with an offset of +22 is what your looking for to keep them flush.

Where you based in Surrey?

J3/M3

is there somewhere on this forum where Offsets are explained. I like pictures best

Of course

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic ... =offset%2A

Do please bear in mind that there is no one offset which will work - offsets vary by wheel design +22 may be OK with some wheels but wasn't with my Volks SF Challenge as I recall :D

Weird on that one presence considering they are are the same make... But as you say its design at the end of the day!

Yep, do use the M4 on the odd occasion!

Just gone for Endless pads on my brembos, not put on yet so cant tell you if they are any good. If you have a search for Brake Pads there are a few reviews on here and the other UK site