Upgrade wheels and brakes for FI? (Martin W)

Sarnie

Guest prescience
Weird on that one presence considering they are are the same make... But as you say its design at the end of the day!

Yep, do use the M4 on the odd occasion!

Just gone for Endless pads on my brembos, not put on yet so cant tell you if they are any good. If you have a search for Brake Pads there are a few reviews on here and the other UK site

You're right - just checked back; +22 front (9.5") and rear (10.5") on Volks Challenge. Does vary between makes though :D

I love Volkswagens :wub:

:scare:

:p

Speak to Phil@ESR or Kev@Envy, they both have lots of experience of getting the width and offset of tyres right. I have 8.5/9.5 (F/R) and they have +30 offset iirc.

Dont overlook brake fluid also get some good DOT5.1 (Motul rings a bell). Stock fluid tends to flade a bit after a good spirited run ;)

Theres also a whole range of pad/disc combos, again speak to Kev/Phil to see which match your intended usage and budget.

Make sure you get down to a Reading meet as well if you can, would love to see that car when its done :D

Guest prescience

Dont overlook brake fluid also get some good DOT5.1 (Motul rings a bell). Stock fluid tends to flade a bit after a good spirited run ;)

Christ, I sound like a hectoring s*d :p but DOT5.1 is OK as its compatible with DOT3(OEM) and DOT 4.

DOT 5 is silicone based and is NOT COMPATIBLE with any of the above :)

Brakes are brakes and performance is what you are looking for, so I would suggest when you want to go down that route a telephone coversation with bigphil or one of our other traders will answer any questions you have.

Wheels on the other hand hav an aesthetic, subjective angle. You need to find a set that you like and then we can give advice on sizes and offsets. I would suggest sticking to wheels that others have fitted to a Zed, either here or in the States, as no one will be able to guarantee there won't be fitment issues, clearance problems or that offsets are correct unless they've been fitted to a Zed before.

I'd have a look round the wheels section here, the trader's websites and the US sites like www.350z-tech.com for ideas.

Brakes are brakes and performance is what you are looking for, so I would suggest when you want to go down that route a telephone coversation with bigphil or one of our other traders will answer any questions you have.

Wheels on the other hand hav an aesthetic, subjective angle. You need to find a set that you like and then we can give advice on sizes and offsets. I would suggest sticking to wheels that others have fitted to a Zed, either here or in the States, as no one will be able to guarantee there won't be fitment issues, clearance problems or that offsets are correct unless they've been fitted to a Zed before.

I'd have a look round the wheels section here, the trader's websites and the US sites like www.350z-tech.com for ideas.

+1 - there is also Dan at Advanced Motorsport Engineering for advice. :)