Chinese Truck Crash Test (at 40mph)

M13KYF

like most of the Chinese sh1t that comes here ,absolute dangerous garbage :dry:

Had a guy come into the shop clutching a pair of rear dampers of his newly bought Chinese 125cc motorbike , they had snapped in half only 2 miles down the road from the dealer he bought it from ...He was lucky to be able to tell the tale :headhurt:

We have a couple of the guys in our club in NZ that run large panel & paint shops & got a couple of mates with shops too, so I've had a fairly substantial exposure to see the results of accidents & peoples stupidity.

Anyway, one of the guys had a tech night on Saturday, he showed us heaps of crash testing data, video's etc, etc, lets just say most people were absolutely floored. It wasn't only Asian constructed vehicles either. Differing results from year to year of models as well. Bright idea when buying a vehicle check out the crash test data.

And eeks, at all of those links boys. :wacko:

yea it's not just Chinese cars that I'd stay away from. I would never buy a small hatch. It may just be me but I just don't trust a car with a very short front end from the driver to the nose. I've seen rear ended 206's that then ploughed into the vehicle in front. Not much left to ID the car.

yea it's not just Chinese cars that I'd stay away from. I would never buy a small hatch. It may just be me but I just don't trust a car with a very short front end from the driver to the nose. I've seen rear ended 206's that then ploughed into the vehicle in front. Not much left to ID the car.

It's all about the integrity of the cabin, if that stays more or less intact, makes a huge difference. Even some small cars can have better cabin integrity than bigger cars. It really depends on the car and the manufacturer, and age of the vehicle.