Evening all

Hi guys

I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself.

My name is Dan and I've just bought my first 350Z (2003 Jap Import). I live in Colchester,Essex but I got the car from a dealer in Cardiff. It's was a bit of an impulse purchase really - I've admired the 350Z for years but never thought I'd get to own one.

I'm still coming to terms with how amazingly cool this car is and I just can't stop smiling. I'm not a petrol head at all but these forums are bringing me up to speed fast!

For the past 4 years I've been setting my own IT company and had to make sacrifices, so I've been driving an old M reg Ford Maverick that someone gave me :-) The 350Z my first splurge in a while and I'm smitten.

I really know embarrassingly little about cars right now, I'm more of an electronics and software type so I'm hoping my forum questions won't make my look too stupid :blush:

I've started reverse engineering the Jap satnav DVD tonight with a view to creating a hybrid disk in English - looks quite promising so far but early stages.

Anyway, thanks for great forum

Dan

Hi Dan and welcome to the forum. Dont expect to lose the grin soon.

If its any consolation you lost me on the Sat nav thing so ask away, if you dont know the answer the question isnt stupid.

Quite a big meet coming up at Bluewater soon for the local owners and a few tourists like me. :D

Hey buddy welcome to the forum! Thats a massive difference in car change there lol. Any questions just ask away the guys are very knowledgeable. But only ask questions about the car lol unless you are up for alot of banter lol! Oh and watch out 4 a guy called zedrush he is a nutter :lol::p:lol:

Good luck with the sat-nav pal!

Im not sure it'll be possible without replacing some of the hardware as i think its something to do with the PAL/NTSC system. When i was researching getting my import i read there's a company that would convert it to for about £750... if you get stuck, look them up and phone them, pretending you're interested, and just ask how they do it!!! Might point you in the right direction!

Hey guys and thanks for the warm welcome!

That Blue Water meet sounds good, I'm certainly up for that.

I'm also a keen photographer so it would be nice the get a bunch of 350's lined up for some shots.

The Sat nav disk certainly looks good for reverse engineering but I need a copy of the UK disk before I start in anger - a kind soul has already offered to send me a copy so I'll keep you posted on my progress (will start a new thread in the JDM forum).

And again - thanks for the great reception.

Dan

'm still coming to terms with how amazingly cool this car is and I just can't stop smiling. I'm not a petrol head at all but these forums are bringing me up to speed fast!

I really know embarrassingly little about cars right now, I'm more of an electronics and software type so I'm hoping my forum questions won't make my look too stupid :blush:

Hehe, don't worry we are a bad influence. Welcome to the forum Dan. :D

Oh and watch out 4 a guy called zedrush he is a nutter :lol::p:lol:

Double trouble you two. :lol::p