27 0NCB SouthEast 03 Import £1014

markyp

Good price and :welcome:

I think you can get it lower though, have you tried directline?

Not yet, reckon its worth a shot? I can remember when I first passed trying to get a quote from them and they just refused on a Golf MK2 GTI (I was 18 though lol).

• 7 months later...

Have you tried any of the proce comparison websites?

comparethemarket and confused are pretty good.

Insurance is a bit of a lottery, what might make you seem high risk to one company doesn't mean anything to the other! I'd run some quotes through some of the websites and then phone up the cheapest and haggle, you should be able to get at least 5% off without even trying, you've just got to keep asking!

I've just picked up my new Zed (58 GT), and sorted the insurance Fully Comp (including GF as driver) ..... £270 !!!! :D , I nearly snapped their hand off! it's about £100 cheaper than the Laguna! but saying that I also had some companies quoting £700. being old has it's advantages.

i'm with admiral and had the same problem, came for renewal and had just gained my first NCB and it had gone up.

went on confused re did all the details got a cheaper quote form elephant than last years. rang admiral told them of the quote from elelphant. apparently its there sister company and they matched it.

original insurance £500

renewal £650

new quote £410

admittedly i did find that my insurance plummeted once i got married and put my wife on the insurance. because when i swapped from the civic to the Zed with 9 months left on the insurance they only charged me an extra £160

i'm on the 10 month multipliers, and am the same age as you with the same NCB, am now building towards NCB 2. things can only get cheaper. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...