Hi! Jst about to Buy a 350z - any pointers?

JAA350Z

Hi,

Been a visitor to your site a few times and you all know these cars like the back of you hand! Can I have some help please:

Im looking at buying one in the next 3 weeks

Do you have any pointers for me to look for when buying one? Like:

1. Common Problems and anything to check?

2. General things to look for?

3. Anything to stay away from?

4. Any recalls on things?

Would be greatful for your help. :D

Thanks,

James

Welcome, welcome, welcome !

Enjoy the site and of course enjoy the hunt for your next car.

The real experts will be along soon I'm sure but the usual things apply;

Clicking Rear axle - listen when pulling away (not on gravel and have your window open)

BOSE CD player can skip, so check it.

Then just normal car buying things to check ;)

:welcome:

Hi bud and welcome to the site.

Look in the warranty section for the usual issues, there arent very many and all are well documented.

The differences between UK, JDM cars are listed.

As for UK cars there are a few upgrades over the years but basically its down to a base model or a GT spec.

All depends on budget and which of the oprions you need. Dont expect dealers to have a great knowledge on these cars.

Any specific questions then post them up. They are great though :D

Probaby a bit quiet tonight as we have a big meet this weekend ;)

Welcome mate, hope the Z hunting goes well.

1. Common Problems and anything to check?

Main problem is a clicking rear axle, which you should be able to hear when you set off on a test drive. Still relatively cheap to repair eg £300 ish. Some Bose systems skip when playing CD's so might be worth bringing one with you. Always HPI check the car and then it's just the usual things when buying a car. There's not usually any major things that will cost mega bucks.

2. General things to look for?

Only what you would normally check when buying cars, main problems IIRC are answered in 1. No probs getting an import, could save you £££ but for some reason they cost some people more on insurance so check that out first

3. Anything to stay away from?

Personally I'd avoid any car that has already been turbo'd, supercharged or nitroed as engine can be fragile if it's not done correctly. Would only consider one if it was a user on here tbh. Apart from that avoid Orange/rusty cars as it's well known that they have much less power - don't they Tim :p

4. Any recalls on things?

There has been a post for recalls recently for 07 cars, should be able to find it if you do a search. Don't know of any others.

There's plenty more info on here if you can find it. I used this site to help me nefore I bought my car. If you are thinking of a specific car and want advice just post up. We are an opinionated lot tho. . . :thumbs:

Thanks for the warm welcome and advice so far! :)

I'll keep an ear open for the rear axle issue!

Being a Nissan I assume things are well put together anyway on a whole.

Test driving one in the morning B)

Ill let you know how it goes!

Check the tyres. Lots of people can't read the arrow showing which way the tyres should rotate and put them on the wrong wheels. One rotational tyre put the wrong way round can cause it to pull to the left/right (depending which side it is on).

If they are putting the tyres on the wrong way round don't trust them to do anything else to your car :)

Thanks for all the welcomes!

Went to have a look around Derby over the weekend. There was a GT4 at the nissan garage which was lovely, but asking FARR to much for it!

Secondly, I am relatively young and one garage I went to just looked at me as if i were dreaming. :rant: The nissan garage refused to let me test drive one!

Anyway, ive got a test drive booked for friday somewhere locally.

Ill keep you posted :D

Thanks for all the welcomes!

Went to have a look around Derby over the weekend. There was a GT4 at the nissan garage which was lovely, but asking FARR to much for it!

Secondly, I am relatively young and one garage I went to just looked at me as if i were dreaming. :rant: The nissan garage refused to let me test drive one!

Anyway, ive got a test drive booked for friday somewhere locally.

Ill keep you posted :D

ahhh you should have it on saturday then ;)

How old are you? I'm 24 and there's another member who's 23, and I think another even younger. Obviously the person at Nissan who said that was jealous cos he's driving a Primera and doesn't want a whipper snapper having a better car than him :thumbs:

The Nissan guy wanted to know if i would prefere a Renault Cup! (same franchise)

I looked at them both sitting near eachother, not quite the same thing really lol.

I'm 22! If you dont mind me asking - how much are you paying insurance?

Ive been quoted £1160 from Admiral and Elephant.

Any insurance companies you can recomend? :)

The Nissan guy wanted to know if i would prefere a Renault Cup! (same franchise)

I looked at them both sitting near eachother, not quite the same thing really lol.

I'm 22! If you dont mind me asking - how much are you paying insurance?

Ive been quoted £1160 from Admiral and Elephant.

Any insurance companies you can recomend? :)

^^^^Ignore that^^^^

The insurance section of this forum is ace!

Starting to find my way around the site a bit more now! ;)