Michelin Pilot Sport 4S degredation

gingerslippers

Hi guys,

Wondered if I could get some general input on these tyres.

Have had them on the rears for a number of years but I only do around 3000 miles per year.  I recently got a nail in my rear right but when taking it to be repaired, the garage wont do the repair as they are alarmed by the wear on the side of the tyres (both sides).  Im far from pleased as they cost a lot and still have 5-6mm tread on them!

Has anyone had any issues similar or any advice/ information that could help?

The Z is so prone to this. Is your car lowered? Do you have spacers? When was the last alignment done?

I'll also say, how old are the tyres? After 5 years you'll start to see the rubber age regardless so they won't be as good as they were. 

I've learned that if you can't afford 5 tyres comfortably, go down the price point until you can. Sods law is you'll buy 4 new tyres and get a nail in 1 a few weeks in.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Umster said:

I've learned that if you can't afford 5 tyres comfortably, go down the price point until you can. Sods law is you'll buy 4 new tyres and get a nail in 1 a few weeks in.

Just not too far down, unless you can afford to replace the car after you stick it in a tree 🤣

• Haha 3