z1 fuel port leak

daveo132

Hi all,

I just installed the z1 fuel port, which is about as simple as things get.

However when I prime I've got fuel spraying out from between the OEM regulator and the Z1 fuel port.

I've got everything tightened down as much as possible and the o ring feel like they snugged into place.

Why would this be?  It doesn't really make sense to me.

The only think I can think is that the mount of the regulator is slightly bowed...

You should be able to pick up an O ring from a Halfords or plumbing place should be loads on the shelf at both.

On the subject, a guy I know does work for an Audi dealer, one O ring was £145 from Audi, it HAD to be used for warranty purposes, the identical ring from a regular supplier..... 49p :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Willsy1980 said:

You should be able to pick up an O ring from a Halfords or plumbing place should be loads on the shelf at both.

On the subject, a guy I know does work for an Audi dealer, one O ring was £145 from Audi, it HAD to be used for warranty purposes, the identical ring from a regular supplier..... 49p :lol:

Just typical dealer pricing. I honestly don't know where they make it up from.....

3 hours ago, Willsy1980 said:

I don't know why I didn't think about Halfords.  Must be the heat mixed with the petrol fumes :lol::blink:

Will take a walk up there later today.