Smoked

Dicky

I never had any problems with a 330d especially round the twisties. Just comes down to skill when performance is similar. Get some tuition or do some tracktime you'll love it and learn alot at the same time. 2-3 missed changes is quite a lot for a short stretch.

You live and learn i guess.

I fairly regularly see off 330ds in the wife's "slightly modified" Pug GTi-6 (which does rev to 8k) - so you just weren't trying :p

Details of the pug dorian! I bet it's tuned to the max knowing you! :lol::lol:

As some of the others have said, dont be supprised by oil burners once they get going. You can easily chip them and in a straight line, once moving, they will out do a Zed. Back when I had my Leon, the diesel ones we becoming more popular for commuters as you could chip them to the same BHP as the Cupra R but they had more torque, so 0-60 the petrol won it, but if you did 20-100MPH runs the oil burner did them!

That said, the number of missed changes you had would have done you in for sure. Need to get more practice ;)

+ 1 Martin! B)

I have to say though, my brother has an E60 535d and it is quick, evern for such a big car!! Look at the Top Gear track times for sake of comparison....the E46 M3, the E60 535d and the Z all have exactly the same times. :blush:

That will make very little difference. Although the newer models have more BHP, if I remember rightly it as at the expense of low down torque. So although BHP is higher and 0-62 is slightly quicker, its probably no quicker on the track. Not by much of a margin anyway.

The main problem here was the driver. Didn’t watch the revs, missed gears and chickened out on road conditions :blush: .

When we both did away I was quicker until I made the errors. Anyway I’ve slept on it now and realise how stupid it was anyway, when we classify these things we only talk in terms of a second or so and after all what’s that. What matters is the Z looks way way cooler for less money, and that’s the only race that realy matters to me.

But at the time I have to admit to being well p-ssed off ;)

I had a 3 series right up my a**e joining a motorway the other week, I floored it and didnt miss any changes :D but he was still 2" from my bumper, so before we got to silly speeds I just pulled over and let him past as he was obviously a tw4t with something to prove.

When he went past I waved :teeth: and noticed it was a 335d. Quick car indeed, shame about the driver.